We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

NYC
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

Years ago, whenever I came to Montreal, I was able to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract - not the mint soda) at Van Houtte on Rue St. Catherine (?)

On my last visit, I could find neither the store nor the product. It is very good for stomach-aches (put a few drops in a glass of water), and I am eager to find it again.

Does anyone know what store (if any) in Montreal still carries it?

Thank you.

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

If it is alcohol then you will be able to find it at the SAQ. It is controlled by the government and they are the only store that is allowed to sell real alcohol. Check it out at www.saq.com. You might want to click on the english version! Other than that Van Houtte coffee shops still exist in Montreal. If I'm not mistaken there is one on St.Catherine's closer to St.Laurent street.

NYC
Level Contributor
49 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

c15, I appreciate your quick answer, and I did try the SAQ website, but I'm looking for an extract (sold in small bottles), not a liquor. It was always over the counter, but now that the rights have gone through several companies, I don't know where else to look.

I'll try the French embassy next.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,560 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

There is a Van Houtte on Laurier Street that might have it. Because of a rift in the Van Houtte Family, some concentrated in coffee shops while one son kept the upscale grocery store concept. It is located on the south side of Laurier between ave du Parc and Cote Sainte-Catherine. Other fine food stores in the area can also carry it or, in a totally different neighbourhood, try the Aux Douceurs du Marché at Atwater Market (you can even find their no. by directory assistance and speak to the owners, they are English speaking and very knowledgeable)

Valencia, CA
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

I'm looking for the same product. My husband went to France and bought a little bottle there and now that we've run out we can't find it here in California. Does anyone know where to find the product anywhere in the USA or Canada and can it be shipped? Otherwise, my parents live in the northwest part of New Brunswick, Canada......is it sold close to them?

5. Re: Where to buy Ricqles (French mint alcohol extract)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 12, 2009