We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mid-century modern furniture stores

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
259 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
mid-century modern furniture stores

we will be in montreal the last weekend of this month & love mid-century furniture. just wondering where some of the stores are located. is there one main area of shops together? nothing outrageously expensive though.

thanks in advance, so looking forward to my first trip to montreal!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mid-century modern furniture stores

I would love the answer to this one too. So far, I've only found one store on St. Denis near Duluth and some hit and miss antique stores on Notre Dame Ouest.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel St-Denis
Hotel St-Denis
721 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Duluth
Duluth
Minnesota
Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: mid-century modern furniture stores

Notre Dame ouest is called antique row. There are two stretches, separated by the Robin Hood flour facility.

Montreal
Level Contributor
57 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mid-century modern furniture stores

Amherst Street, below Sherbrooke. High concentration of retro shops. Moderate $. Also nice restaurants and clothes shops, catering to locals mostly. Around and in 'the Village'.

Mentioned in this post
Sherbrooke
Sherbrooke
Quebec, Canada
Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: mid-century modern furniture stores

To add a few more to your list:

Ste. Catherine Street East and Van Horne Street.

But, Notre Dam street West have more choice and variety and it is called the "Antique Alley and have almost 50 antique shops within half a kilo meter.

In Montreal, I have been to almost every single antique shop, in my opinion the best antique store on Notre Dam street West is MICHELLE PARENT ANTIQUE. I always buy from her and the old lady Michelle Parent is very sweet and nice and the best thing is she is not greedy like the other antique dealers, they are all very shrude and hike their price when they see you are interested in a certain item. Btw, be very careful in buying the Chinese Antique items because most of them are fake and there is NO way of verifying the dates and authenticity.

This is a very useful link. Pls save it after reading ALL.

tourisme-montreal.org/Media_Target/…

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Ste Catherine
Hotel Ste Catherine
49 Reviews
Montreal, Canada
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
259 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mid-century modern furniture stores

thanks so much for all the wonderful information. what time do most of these stores stay open? we will be there just for the weekend 4/28 to 4/30. do they close early or are they even open on sunday's?

thanks again everyone!

mange

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mid-century modern furniture stores

Never been there on a Sunday but I assume like all other stores they also remain open on Sundays but may be close early at 5:00 p.m. Of course, Saturday would be a better day but once again try to be there early. And you are most welcome.