We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Omni Hotel

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Omni Hotel

I booked this hotel for a stay on July 13-18. It was getting very good reviews but i just looked and people are complaining about disruptive construction in the lobby. It seems to be affecting many things in the hotel. Does anyone have amy information about when it will be finished?

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Omni Hotel

I don't know but I am surprised about the good reviews. The hotel needs to be refurbished.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Omni Hotel

Do you think the Marriot Chateau Champlain would be a better choice?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
57 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Omni Hotel

Do you think the Marriot Chateau Champlain would be a better choice?

Edited: 12:51 am, June 17, 2012
Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Omni Hotel

...perhaps the construction in the lobby is a sign that they're refurbishing? And the Château Champlain is a great hotel and recently refurbished, too.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Omni Hotel

CC is better. Why don't you look at the sofitel? Close to the omni and much newer. Their food is also better. I would pick that over the CC Except in the dead of winter because the CC is linked to the underground.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Omni Hotel

Actually I checked and most of the rooms at the Omni have been totally redone, complete redo. I think at the time you are going there will be 2 lower floors being worked on. From what Omni central said the lobby will be completed in a few days. A big plus for us was the outside pool , esp if it's really hot out.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,763 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Omni Hotel

But if you find out more, please post.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,709 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Omni Hotel

Out of curiosity, I just checked their web site and yes they are finally renovating ! This property used to be a four seasons. It has a great location a pool and great views from the upper floor. Service used to be good and may still be. They have been pretty coy about th renovations and I had not heard about it which is surprising. I guess they are waiting for the renos to be completed. Once refurbished, this should again be a great property. I believe this is where Celine dion's wedding was held for those who care (I don't).

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Omni Hotel

So if I'm going in two weeks, will there be construction at the lobby. Will I experience new rooms?

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Omni Hotel

I just called and they told me works are finally over, that they are just renovating some stuff at the pool in the 3rd floor.