We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

NYC
12 posts
Save Topic
Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Is Hotel de la Montagne still the place to host a classy bachelor party? Are the bars and clubs there fun.

Is the Loews a good alternative? Pros and Cons?

Is June 9th a good weekend for a bachelor party (ie: its not the Hells Angels convention in Montreal)

Any golf suggestions? (withing 20-30 minute drive)

I thank youin advance for your advice and for all the info you have already provided to others (which has been helpful)

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Audrey Bella has lately been dining to a lot in fancy restaurants therefore she is busy working @ the Gym. I hope you won't mind me replying do you?

Anyways Hotel de la Montagne is still a good place for your party check out directly with concierge to avoid disappointments.

Golf:

If you have a car then just dash out South of Montreal, cross the Champlain Bridge, on Boul. Taschereau West, in La Praire which is only 10 minutes drive from Hotel de la Montagne and you have a few options:

1. There is a shooting range on your right just after COSTCO.

2 here is a golf club just across the range about half a k.m. away towards West of Boul. Taschereau.

3. There is one more gold club in Brossard not too far from these two it is in the newly built "C section" of Brossard.

4. One more in St. Lambert, which is close to Jacques Cartier Bridge, in fact when you get off from Champlain Bridge take highway 132 Est. and after 3 k.m. you will see the sign for St. Lamber Golf Club. You can also approach this one from Jacques Cartier Bridge when coming from downtown to South Shore. But, Champlain Bridge would be a better choice.

So, in South Shore you have plenty of options, unless Audrey Bella invites you to Laval (her home town) saying there are better gold courses in Laval. Frankly I have no idea about Laval which is faaaaar awaaay in the North of Montreal :-)

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Yes actually I have been dining out alot lately because I am now in a relationship ;)

Hotel de la Montagne is a GREAT location for a bachelor party but its not the classiest of places compared to the Loews. However what is great about staying at De La Montagne is that you will have access to the rooftop terrace/club/bar/pool which is ALOT of fun during the summer, especially if you are a bunch of guys!! Id recommend De La Montagne. Of course its location is at Montreal's best being in the heart of the party scene!

June 9th is a good date, right at the begining of our summer months and will not be extremely crowded yet!

As for golfing, not my fortay, don't know much about good golfing. There is The Challenger golf course http://www.golflechallenger.com/ which is about 15-20 mins away from downtown Montreal. It would probably cost you guys 35$ to get there by cab. Its north of downtown in a city called Ville St Laurent about 5 mins from Laval (my 'hood).

HAVE FUN!!

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

AB: when is the gp this year, it's a week or 2 later than usual isn't it?

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

You mean the GRAND PRIX RACE?

Yeah it is on the week-end of June 23-25, 2006. This year its a couple weeks delayed.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Yup St Jean Baptiste weeekend!!!! I cant wait!! Long weekend for us, couldnt ask for a better weekend AND it will be the first annual non smoking grand prix in the clubs! YAY!

NYC
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Thanks for all the great tips and suggestions.

Any interesting/fun things to do during the day time? Is jet boating any good or something exciting for an hour or two?

Thanks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

JET BOATING is Amazing, I have done it at least a dozen times and always recommend to all my friends and so far everyone seems to have enjoyed it thoroughly.

When taking Jet Boating keep in mind the following:

1. Look for 5 to 7 dollars per person discount coupons in the Montreal Tourisme booklet 2006 and avail it.

2. Take the one which starts from the Old Port and not the one which starts from the Tourist Office on Peel.

Because, they take you in a bus to Lachine over there the boats are smaller and not much fun.

Whereas, the boats that start from Old Port are much bigger and you get to see a better view of the city both ways and you are in the boat for almost 90 minutes as opposed to the one that starts from Lachine only 30 minutes.

Don't forget to view their pre trip video and also don't feel reluctant to wear a wollen sweater they will give you EVEN if it is THE HOTTEST DAY of July because the water is always very cold in river St. Lawerence.

Also don't go on a Sunday because the guy who takes the photographs takes his day off on a Sunday. You must buy your pictures as a souvenir.

Good luck, can give you more info if you want and pls. don't hesitate to ask me.

NYC
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Cool. Definitely will put it on the list of "What to do Saturday after the hangovers have resolved"

I have been researching the Hotel de la Montagne and it looks nice (good reviews). A little more "flowery/ornate" than our crowd is used too but that may actually be a positive since we are trying to do something different than our normal South Beach, Miami weekends. I just want to make sure the crowd that frequents the Hotel/bar/club is in our age demographic since one review said one of the bars is great for the 40 yr old crowd (and we are 25-32yrs old). Yes, the location is great, but will we feel comfortable hanging out there during the day and early evening (ie; will there be attractive young women getting ready to go out, or 45 year old couples spending a quiet evening together). Checking online, the package prices for all the hotels are comparable (Montagne, Loews, Omni, Sofitel, Ritz-Carlton). Does that change your suggestions? Again, many thanks.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

Two blocks on the west of rue de la Montagne is rue Crescent there are plenty of bars, clubs and restaurants on Crescent and Bishop, so don't worry about the distances. You will be very centrally located staying at Hotel de la Montagne.

Cornwall, ON.
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Paging Audrey Bella, you seem to have the answers!

We will be going down for a bachelor party as well...the difference being that it will be in late April. Is Hotel de la Montagne still a good choice at that time of year?