We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In Room Jacuzzi

Toronto
1 post
Save Topic
In Room Jacuzzi

Hi there. I am hoping someone can help me out here. I'm from Niagara Falls and out here almost every hotel and motel has an in room jacuzzi or hot tub (yeah I know u guys are all picturing the cheesy heart shape!)

I'm having some difficulty finding the same in downtown Montreal unless I want to pay $300 per night. Since we'll be staying over a week this isn't exactly within the budget. Can anyone help?

Winnipeg, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: In Room Jacuzzi

Le Petit Prince is an absolutely charming B&B in downtown Montreal (but queit!). All 4 rooms have very large jacuzzis. The price (this time of season) was $175/night, so not sure if this is in your budget or not. If you can afford to stay here, I'd recommend it... its really lovely. In particular, the Blue and Yellow rooms have fireplaces that you can watch from the jacuzzi, sipping wine... ahhh nostalgia. Note that jacuzzi's in some of the rooms are larger than others (I think the Ivory room's jacuzzi was the largest). Their website is montrealbandb.com .

Hope this helps. I know Le Zebre B&B also has a room (the Main Room) with a very decadent bathroom that includes a jacuzzi. Not sure on the dimensions though, but I know this place was a little cheaper than LPP.

Good luck / Bon chance!

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: In Room Jacuzzi

I hope you have read the article on "in-room jacuzzi's" or jazuzzi's at public places.

According to that report it is not very safe from hygiene point of view as the luke warm water and the warm indoor temperature is a perfect breeding place or for sheltering germs. In fact there is a certain kind of bacteria that thrives, like the one in central heating/air-conditioning ducts.

After all "C.difficile" or clostridium difficile is a reality and a big threat to our hospitals and they are fighting hard in decontaminating their environments.

No matter how much people tell you that they use chlorine, bleach, hydrogen peroxide and other chemicals or even change the filter on a regular basis for purification of water but you are not the one cleaning or supervising those jacuzzi's.

So, I think its better to stay away from them rather than paying extra money to get something you don't want to, especially if you want to pay less and expect more, then the risk is higher. Remember if you pay less, then there are those who also love cutting the corners in giving you those facilities at lower price but at what risk?

I have travelled all over the world and stayed from 5 star hotels to budget hotels and even tourist hostels. Forget about jacuzzi's I seldom use their bath tubs, just the shower. I am not being paranoid here but just a little cautious.

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: In Room Jacuzzi

I would use a Jacuzzi only in a 5 stars property... and then again. This is so like, 80s.