We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

Yes there was an article about A Little Relish today in La Presse. Very nice indded with many good adresses and beautiful photos by an Aussie currently living in Montreal.

So have a look: www.alittlerelish.com

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

You HAD to post that link? I just came home from dinner at a fantastic restaurant feeling full up to my ears and after looking at those photos I'm starving.;-) It's going to be very hard to try to pick out the best of the best of the not outrageously priced Montreal restaurants for our measly 2 1/2 day stay in Montreal.

Edited: 1:34 am, February 26, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,514 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

*sigh*

A month and a half ago, jlt tried to post this link, did she not? No sooner then she did she got censured. That made me pretty sad, because I, like rickb, think it alittlerelish has done a beautiful job!

Hopefully now that a known newspaper has written about it, it wont be seen as solicitation (or whatever reason her post was removed).

It's a great work, just the pictures are amazing!

Edited: 2:46 pm, February 26, 2012
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

Indeed! I really thought that somebody was judging Jlt grossly and got a bit carried away with the numerous deletes and finally didn't check the website on the last post she made that was not deleted.

So kudos Jlt to be the first to spot this webzine, finally you got some credits!

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,690 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

Very impressive!! I agree about the pictures, just wonderful. Good receipes as well. A great site for any foodies wanting to know where to go.

JDP

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

No, the problem with jlt was that she posted a link to her own site -- which is self-promotion and we're not allowed to do here on TA. I can promote her all I want, though, and I do at every available chance since it's such a lovely site at www.lovelettertomontreal.com ... did you get that? www.lovelettertomontreal.com :)

I've added a top question with links to the sites we keep on suggesting here. I mean, they present a rather rosy picture of Montréal, and skim over its rough-around-the-edges side that tourists will see nonetheless, but they're great sites that make me proud of my city every time I visit them.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

I still can't see what Jlt is doing as self promotion. Is it because she gives her personnal e-mail and phone number at the end? Well that is not a lot if you consider all the great hyperlinks that she gives in her text. Probably close to 100 and I am sure that none of those places have payed Judy anything for the publicity...

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,170 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

Is the subway really as clean as portrayed in the photo?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

Not always but very often. Right now the main station Berri/UQAM is in a very heavy process of renovation and I cannot recognize the place. Looks like a third world system. Some other stations are showing their age too but if you go to the new stations in Laval you can almost eat on the floors.

That is except right now because the winter slush, sand and salt. The pictures were taken in warmer months.

Old Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,705 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

I agree with tristou. I am fed up with the Walt disney approach of these sites. They regurgitate the same thing.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
5,007 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Very nice Web magazine about Montreal to peruse for foodies

I'd say there's nothing wrong with showing beauty, and these sites don't lie; these things do exist here, and unlike Las Vegas or Disneyland, they're authentic.

I also thank TA for letting us have a forum where we can give an accurate picture of Montréal for those who ask (or complain after) about Montréal's more gritty side, which tourists see more than in many cities. I'm very proud of Montréal's way of dealing with these harsher elements of city life, which is to just accept it as part of urban living, not to try to excuse it or hide it. So we have strip clubs in the middle of downtown beside fancy boutiques, and our roughest neighbourhood also happens to be full of clubs and music venues and is sandwiched between popular destinations, and so remains lively and safe day and night in this walkable city.