We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bonapart le pois pench

Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bonapart le pois pench

are either of these restaurants in old montreal? near fireworks?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bonapart le pois pench

Bonapart is in Old Montreal, so yes.

Pois Penché is downtown, so no.

You cannot see the fireworks from either one. Although to be honest, it doesn't matter. If you want a good view of the fireworks, walk to a viewpoint at the shores. IMHO restaurants that advertise dinners with view of fireworks are tourist traps.

Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Block Island
Level Contributor
4,711 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bonapart le pois pench

Bonaparte is about a 5 minute walk from where the fireworks are held in Jacque Cartier Place. It is a well reviewed restaurant here and in the local press and I would highly recommend it. Reserve a table for 8:30 or 9:00 pm if you can then walk over to the fireworks after.

JDP

Old Montreal
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bonapart le pois pench

Don't waste your money at pois penche if you are a foodie and can appreciate good service. Thi is a fake French brasserie. Go to L'Express, Leméac or Laloux or even la Chronique if you are looking to spend like at pois penche.

While I am not a big fan of Bonaparte, I would recommend it without hesitation over Lois penche.

4. Re: bonapart le pois pench

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, January 21, 2013