We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brunch recommendation?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
183 reviews
Save Topic
Brunch recommendation?

Hi,

Looking for a brunch recommendation. Not into Cora, and not looking for Eggspectations either. Usually go with either ``L'avenue``, ``Dans la bouche`` or ``the saloon``. Looking for a change of scenery.

Any recommendations?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,261 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brunch recommendation?

Well Chez Cora etc are not really brunch places in my book but more extended breakfast places of the "Tutti Fruity" kind (I.e. add a pile of fruits on your eggs and charge double the price). Sorry this is not my bag at all but you should look at the granddaddy of them alll: Beauty's where the fruits are much less obvious on the plate. There is still a line up at the entrance but much less than before all those Futti Fruity places jumped in the bandwagon.

For me a real Montreal brunch is a buffet brunch and, alas, there are only a few left opened every Sunday.

Le Restaurant at ITHQ, very good and not so expensive.

Le Montréalais at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth, with some Italian touches

Mount Stephen Club, a beautiful private club that is open to all with reservations for brunch on Sundays.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brunch recommendation?

I actually tried Café Cherrier (St Denis and Cherrier). Superb quality Brunches at a reasonable price.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brunch recommendation?

Lawrence Restaurant:

http://lawrencerestaurant.com/

4. Re: Brunch recommendation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 30, 2012