We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

Hi,

I need to travel from Montreal to Toronto by bus overnight. Can anyone help me to decide between Greyhound and Megabus? I didn't found much about Megabus buses.

Thanks a lot!

Surrey, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec City, Quebec, Montreal, The Netherlands
Level Contributor
6,859 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

Megabus is the cheapest option. I just simulated a journey taking place on June 22. The bus leaves Berri-UQAM (where Montreal Bus Terminal is) at 00:15, arrives in Toronto's Coach Terminal at 7:30. For a whopping $20.00

http://ca.megabus.com/JourneyResults.aspx

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

does anyone have a promo code for megabus for august from montreal travelling to toronto?

new york
Level Contributor
3,089 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

I take the Megabus from Kingston to Toronto regularly and recommend them. The earlier you buy, the cheaper the tickets are. They are a double decker bus with most seating on top. Free wifi on board.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
232 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

Megabus has a shoddy track record for the MTL to TO route. That said, Greyhound has an all-around crappy record itself too.

If you can afford it, take the train. You'll seriously appreciate the difference, and its not THAT much more expensive.

Also, check into Porter airlines. Their one-ways are not too bad at all. My roundtrip is 300$ taxes and fees in; not much more than the train/bus. 1:10 minutes from YUL to the City Airport in TO.

5. Re: Travel between Montreal and Toronto by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 04, 2012