We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playgrounds: HELP=-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Playgrounds: HELP=-)

We r in Montreal near Atwater metro and my toddler is in of a playground. ANy small nice ones around? I think Mont Royal has one but hello it is a huge park. Anything nesr my area or even the Old Montreal?

All and any infomartion is soooooooooo appreciated!!!!

Thank U.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

there is a playground at

Atwater corner Emile according to the city site

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

but on the site they show the park on atwater corner ste Catherine

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

Thank u Miclo for ur responses. The park at St Catherine/Atwater is more of a square. I did find a neighborhood playground on Sherbrooke after Atwater b4 Greene Street (what an adorable road it is!!)

Any more suggestions r appreciated and any indoor playgrounds since showers r in the forecast.

Montreal
Level Contributor
331 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

There is a nice playground near Mount Royal at Jeanne-Mance park, on the east side of Ave. Parc, near Rachel. If you went up the mountain you could end there. There is a small playground on the eastern edge of the old port (Old Montreal), near the Bonsecours Basin. As I remember it is quite small, I wouldn't go too far out of your way for it. A very nice park with a good playground is Westmount park. It is about a mile west of you on Sherbrooke St ( past Greene)

I can't think of any indoor playgrounds downtown. I don't know how you are getting around, but this is probably the closest: http://www.kidnasium.net/playground.html it is in NDG. Right near you is the Montreal childrens library, in the basement of the Atwater library (st. Catherine/Atwater) You wouldn't be able to borrow anything but you could probably visit for a while. Or head to the childrens section of the big library at Berri and de Maisonneuve

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

I really don't know that area that much for playgrounds.

But in old Montreal, there is a playground near the Bassin Bonsecours just behind the Labyrinth Shed 16.

As for indoor playground, I know some but most of them are in the suburb around Montreal. There is a indoor water park in Ville Lasalle (Aquadome).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

Great advice.............thank u MamaJMontreal and plannerHaolic. ice to hear one near old Montreal so we can explore the area and have kiddie fun!!!!! Again thanks to all for the information......U saved me from a toddler's meltdown=-)

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Montreal
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

Don't know about near Atwater but they've installed a halloween themed playground in the Botanical Gardens. It is right at the entrance, they called it something like "Le coin des petits monstres".

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

Westmount park rocks and the Jardin Botanique was awesome w/ the pumpkin patch and Lanterns plus the outdoor playground was excellent. A must for kids and all visitors!!!!

9. Re: Playgrounds: HELP=-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 12, 2011