We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

US
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Topic
4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

We'll be there on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. What spots are happening those nights for R&B/hip-hop? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

Hip hop clubs arent plenty here in Montreal.

On Crescent st, you might have some hip hop at System Night Club and Karinas Lounge. A strictly hip hop club that isnt too thuggish on a Saturday night would be Club Vatican on Crescent st. You can also try Altitude 737(Rene Levesque/University) which has an amazing mix of Hip hop, r&b and reggaeton on Friday night and Satruday with Dj Boly(hes great). If you do want to go to 737, get there early because there is ALWAYS a lineup. Theres also Jet Night Club on St Cahterine/St Timothee which has a great dj too but the crowd...a bit thuggish however the women are hot there.

Hope that helps! Im sure my pal c514 will have some feedback on this topic as well.

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

AB, you know me too well!

Jet night club on Friday or Saturday is really good for hip-hop/r&b. Another place to check out is Orchid Nightclub on St.Laurent. It is starting to build a good reputation here in MTL. The music is mainly urban there and is a good place to start the evening. There is always Nexxt(Saturday nights) which is really good. Prices are really good and so is the music.I'm even throwing a party there.(It's a good place)Systems(the old extreme) has also become very popular in the last year. Great place on Crescent street. There are 2 rooms---hip-hop and techno. You have to check out LaBoom. They have 5 rooms and you are guaranteed to have fun. The club is located on 1254 Stanley. This club is good on the weekend and is always packed. I think you have enough here for a weekend of action. I'm not sure if you like afterhours but there is Aria on St.Denis, Stereo on St.Catherine's, Circus and Red Lite.

If you have specific questions don't be afraid to ask!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

C,

How about going to see Aventura in February? Only downfall is that its at the Dome...uggghhh!

US
Level Contributor
174 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

Wow!! Thanks for all that info! I don't mind going to a club that's mixed. Those are usually the best anyway. Jet, Altitude, Nexxt. I've heard of these spots. Didn't know they were still rockin.

I'll look them up. Thanks for all the help. If anyone has additional info, feel free to add. Much abliged.

Montreal
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

Count me in! I would go through anything to see him...even going to Dome!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 of us hitting Montreal in 4 weeks. What nightclubs are...

I know.. Its gonna be a Friday which is cool!

They are awesome!!! Tickets go on sale Satruday.