We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scrapbooking help .....please

England
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Scrapbooking help .....please

So excited - only 2 weeks till we visit Montreal - I would love to do a scrapbook when I return and would be grateful if anyone can advise on any craft stores downtown.

We're staying on Rue de la Montagne and after much searching have found a shop called Omer De Serres - is this a good scrapbooking store or are they others you would recommend ?

Many thanks for your help.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Craft Stores

Vegascrazy, sometime back AustinR from Doncaster asked about craft stores and I gave the details and never got any acknowledgement from her/him anyways here is the same text I am copy pasting for you from my previous post:

Posted on: 11:26 pm, Nov 08, 2005 Report inappropriate post

AustinR coming from Doncaster UK? Wow. Anyways

Here are a few names and addresses in Montreal

GARNITURES DRESSMAKER, 2186 ST CATHERINE ST W MONTREAL, QUEBEC, H3H 1M7, ,

Phone: 514-935-7421 , Email: greenr@nbnet.nb.ca

BOUTIQUE JENNI-MAR, 142 ST CHARLES AVE , Dorion, QC, J7V 2K8

Phone: 450-424-4110 , Website:http://www.jennimar.com , Email: info@jennimar.com

SUR LE ROC, 147 ST CYR MONTREAL EAST, QUEBEC, H1B 4T4, ,

Phone: 514-640-8891 Fax: , Email: mica@securenet.net

LES LAINAGES DU PETIT MOUTON, 295 B BOUL. ST. JEAN POINTE-CLAIRE, QUEBEC H9R 3J1, ,

Phone: 514-694-6268 Fax: 514-694-4876 , Email: petitmouton@sympatico.ca

LA CIGALE BRODEUSE, 7161 BEAUBIEN EST ANJOU (QC), H1M 2Y2, , CANADA

Phone: 514-355-3883 , Website:http://www.lacigalebrodeuse.com , Email: info@lacigalebrodeuse.com

L'ATELIER DE PENELOPE, 2570-B, Av. Dalton , Sainte-Foy, Qc CANADA, Qc, G1P 3S4

Phone: 418-651-0050 Fax: 418-651-0959 , Email: latelierdepenelope@hotmail.com

TRIMMINGS DRESSMAKER, 2186 Rue Saint-Catherine W , Montréal, QC, H3H 1M7

Phone: 514-935-7421 Fax: 514-935-7422 , Website:http://www.trimmingsdressmaker.com , Email: infos@trimmingsdressmaker.com

AB...... don't you think any housewife would be proud of me for providing this info? LOL

Yes, Omer De Serres is a good store and you will get what you are looking for. If you are staying downtown I know two of their branches, one on Ste. Catherine Street West, close to Rue Du Fort and the other is on Stanley Street very close to Sheraton Hotel between Ste. Catherine and Boul. Rene Levesque. Good Luck.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Jak once again yes I am proud. You defintely are the NLE ;)

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

AB the point is, those who ask these questions seldom come back to read the replies or just not bothered about replying. Whatever the case may be you are making me smile once again and thanks for that.

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Jak1234:

You did a lot of research for this poster and I hope the poster sees it and she/he acknowledges your effort.

Sometimes the TA program doesn't perform as promised. I have sometimes posted a question and also hit the button that says notify me by e-mail when a reply is posted. Occasionally, I don't get a notification but when I remember to revist the forum and my post, I find there have been replies. Go figure. The joys of technology.

Winter is in full swing in Winnipeg. Temps of -15C. Boots and parkas are necessities now.

Missing the balmy Montreal weather we had on our vacation.

England
Level Contributor
81 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Thank you so much for all that wonderful information - it was very good of you and much appreciated.

Will let you know about my Montreal trip when I get back.

Thanks again

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Fearful

I already did. If you read the last line of the first paragraph of my post I wrote, "I am copy pasting for you from my previous post" and the date of that post etc. is also there. I know that AustinR did not reply to that post.

ornithorynx@canada.c...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Pretty balmy yesterday - 17C.

Jak, where do you find all of this stuff?

Level Contributor
1,346 posts
393 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

"Balmy" weather in Novemeber when we there. -17C is cold. Similar to what we're experiencing here in Winnipeg, although I believe we are drier. We've had a fair bit of snow too. Of course, the best is yet to come. January and February are good for -35C.

The extremes in temperatures (25 degrees in a matter of days) has caused some freak conditions. Yesterday my daughter was stopped at a red light. She heard a tremendous crash, looked to her right and one of the street lights had fallen into the lane beside her. Missed her by inches. I'm a lucky mother. On the more positive side, the cold temps play havoc with the city's parking metres. Typically, even when one doesn't put money in or the time has expired, one can call the city and report that the meter didn't work. 90% of the time, they test it or claim to and it doesn't work properly.

Keep warm.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

Orny I am Brainy

The stuff is in my head .... LOL

Actually sometime back one of my cousins asked me for some addresses of Arts & Crafts dealers in Canada as she wanted to import a few things from here....so I have that info. About the leather stuff I used to deal with them a lot and but not anymore so I know that business inside out. What else do you want to know about me?

ornithorynx@canada.c...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Scrapbooking help .....please

fearful: the - was a dash, not a minus sign. In other words it was plus 17C