We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal in Xmas

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Montreal in Xmas

Hello, friend and I were thinking of going to Montreal during Xmas (Dec 24-27). I wonder if there's anything to do at that time or everything will be close? Any suggestions as to where to celebrate xmas eve, xmas day etc...

And how far is from Montreal to Mount Tremblant?

Thanks

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal in Xmas

The best place to celeberate x-mas is at home, nothing like family get together.

If anything is closed during X-Mas in Toronto then it is closed in Montreal too. Boxing Day sales are all over the world and so are they in Montreal. I am not one of those fans who love to go shopping during sale time. I just don't like the idea of standing in a queue for hours and then feel lost in a crowded place and again wait for a long time at the cash counter to pay. Besides, most of the stores lump their dead stock for sale, even when they say they are selling at 90% discount, they are still making profit.

Mt. Tremblant is 90 minutes drive from Montreal and it is in the North of Montreal. If you love out door activities such as skiing you will find that place very interesting. Nice hotels there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal in Xmas

I'd like to know as well...any suggestions?

Hoboken NJ
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal in Xmas

I have spent the past two years in Montreal during that week and I can tell you that the stores close early Xmas Eve and Xmas Day is DEAD...i.e. no where to eat...zilch. The following day Boxing Day people start to get out a bit (mainly shoppers) still quiet though.