We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day with teens

Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
A day with teens

Hello, we will be in Ottawa for a week Aug.30 - Sept.6/09 and want to make a day trip to Montreal with our 2 teens, 18 yr old son and 15 yr old daughter. We plan to take the walking tour of Old Montreal starting from Notre Dame Church. We will be driving from Ottawa. Suggestions please for where to park. Should we start off in Old Montreal with the tour? Restaurants that would be interesting/enjoyable for teens. What other suggestions may have for a day trip or must sees. My daughter loves shopping so can you recommend a couple shops/malls that we could check out? Prefer not to have to drive extensively, unsure what it is like to drive in Montreal, tips please?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
225 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day with teens

I live downtown and I don't drive doWntoWn better take the bus or train

what are you interested in beside shopping

Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A day with teens

Well we want to see Old Montreal, Notre Dame Basilica and beyond that are open to suggestions. Not overly interested in museums but the Science Centre would be something we would enjoy. St. Catherine Street sound like something my daughter would like. Saint Joseph's Oratory sounds interesting. I have no idea how long it would take to tour these different spots, how close/far they are from each other or if they are less interesting than they sound in the things to do section. Nice spot for lunch and probably something for dinner - but would not want to spend a great deal of time dining as prefer to see the sights, so maybe just pick snacks up along the way. We do have sweet tooth and Rockaberry's sounds interesting? Thanks for any help provided.

3. Re: A day with teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 16, 2010