We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for neighbrohood to stay in

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for neighbrohood to stay in

Hi me and my girlfriend are in our 20's coming to montreal next weekend.We've been to niagara and liked the idea of everything being on a strip.Where should we be in montreal for the same idea?I really would rather not drive around, so clubs bars and attractions nearby would be great?any recommendations on area and hotel

Montreal
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for neighbrohood to stay in

There are several streets to which you can party : Crescent St, St-Denis, St-Catherine, Old Port, but my fav. is St-Laurent (just above Sherbrooke.) Within 3 blocks you can find some of the city's hippest nightclubs, restaurants and lounges. Here are some suggestions:

Hotels: if you want to give your gf a treat, I suggest a stay at The Hotel Godin (10 Sherbrooke W. www.hotelgodin.com). TripAdvisor gives this place rave reviews, but rooms start at 250$ and up for this 4 star hotel. Other suggestions The 4-points Sheraton and Holiday Inn (just about 3 blocks west from st-laurent)

Restaurants: Buena Notte: Fine-Italian, absolutely loved their seafood linguini; Med: Fine-Mediterainian; Pizzadelic: good pizzas, a bit of a wait tho and for not-so $$ dinning, check out Cafe Veranda on Prince Arthur.

Lounges: Cafeteria and the Montreal Tapas Lounge are the only 2 I've been to yet, but both were good. there are also a few more on the Main worth experiencing.

Nightclubs: There are several on this street : Exit, Orchid, Nexxt, 4play, Coco Bongo, Saphir (rock/goth).. list goes on...

Live Shows: Le Swimming is a must; good shows and a comfortable atmosphere with plenty of pool tables. expect a cover, tho.

Just a few blocks down Prince Arthur there is a very romantic park square complete with fountains and musicians. Old buildings around the square gives this and Prince Arthur an "old charm" similar to the Old Port.

Take note too that Crescent, St-Catherine, and The Old Port are easily acessible by cab.

Good luck: enjoy your stay in Montreal! Let us know how it goes.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for neighbrohood to stay in

Spanish what Coco Bongos like??

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for neighbrohood to stay in

Le Swimming has good shows depending what kind of music you like....but if youre not a smoker, Le Swimming can be hard to handle