We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegan Restaurants in Montreal

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
6 posts
Save Topic
Vegan Restaurants in Montreal

I am a vegan and will be going to Montreal for a week at the end of August. Does anyone know of any good vegan restaurants?

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegan Restaurants in Montreal

Le Commensal on St. Denis is alright, it's a buffet type place, they charge by weight. I find alot of their stuff is very heavy, though, not my favorite place. But it is entirely vegan.

Chu-Chai, also on St. Denis near Duluth is very good.. vegan and vegetarian Thai - some dishes are made with egg, careful. They make excellent things with veggie meats - but I think some of the fake meats have whey, so if you avoid whey, then be sure to ask.

Pi, on St. Laurent near Rachel.. a coffee shop type place, not exactly a resto - but you can get a good veggie burger, veggie chili and lots of salads.

Spirite Lounge, in the Village on rue Ontario E... if you're feeling adventurous. They don't have a fixed menu, it's on the whim of the chefs daily - and have weird rules you ahve to follow - if you order dessert but don't finish it, they ban you from returning .. if you don't clean your plate, they charge 2$ extra (though you can ask for smaller portions to avoid this). I found it annoying, and the decor is.. interesting to say the least. But the food is excellent (vegetarian, you have to ask specifically for them to make it vegan or whatever to suit your dietary needs but it's never a problem). It's a very popular place, we always make reservations. Note.. this resto is most definitely a product of the gay district - and it's clientele can be quite eclectic.

Most of the lebanese resto's have a nice salad selection that is primarily vegan, and of course there's falafel. Indian and Ethiopian resto's usually have half veggie/vegan menus, so that's an option also.

Montreal, Que
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegan Restaurants in Montreal

I'm pretty sure lola rosa on milton near university (right in the mcgill ghetto) is vegan. pretty cute, small place.