We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route

Medellin, Colombia
Level Contributor
295 posts
Save Topic
Best route

We are driving from Boston the 30TH of June...any advice on the best route to take and if there is a one night stop were should this be?...Best senic....or best stops...Thank you in advance,

Mauricio

Boston MA
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route

We're also travelling Bos-Montreal tomorrow evening (23rd). Any advice would be appreciated!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route

Well, just to give you guys a heads up, I usually take the I-89 from Boston all the way down. I dont usually stop anywhere but only to eat in White River Jct, VT.

Sorry for not being more helpful

Boston and...
Level Contributor
3,720 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route

Right as always. It's about four hours, so no need for an overnight.

Montreal
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route

Mauricio, take AB's advice. I've done the drive many times & the quickest route is to hook up with the 89 at Lebanon/WHite River Junction. A nice scenic route that I can recommend is to hook up with Route 2 about 10 miles past Burlington & detour along Route 2 (East) through the Lake Champlain Islands. Route 2 will take you through the Islands & into Rouses Point, NY where you will be minutes away from the Canadian border & only about 45 minutes to Montreal. You will then hook up with Quebec Highway 15 that will bring you into Montreal.