We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi$?

Northern Ontario
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Taxi$?

Hi,

We'll arrive in Mtl. by train in the early a.m. Rush hour traffic could be hell. We have to taxi all the way to the Berry Uqam area. Is there a shuttle bus from Rail station to Bus depot ? Wha could a taxi ride cost in heavy traffic? I lovel your subway and I only carry a backpack but my friend will surely have some suitcase on wheels so I guess the subway will be out of the question. Thanks for the info.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi$?

Hmmmm, I don't know but really, Bonaventure metro station (right near where you will probably arrive by train) is only 4 or so stops by metro to Berri so in all honesty its probably going to be your quickest bet.

I don't believe there are any shuttle busses that go from the central train station to Berri. I could be wrong though, perhaps since its summer...

ornithorynx@canada.c...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi$?

I don't think you're gonna get heavy traffic, this is not New York. Ten bucks should be sufficient.

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi$?

Taxi from train station to Berri/UQAM is a little less than $7 CDN. Will be doing it for the last time tomorrow morning when I leave to go home! Darn!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi$?

Darn? oh god! lol

Northern Ontario
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi$?

Thanks all of you. Now I feel like a total idiot. I must have been looking at a map with no scale. I thought all along I was facing about a fourty minute taxi ride. The laugh's on me now.

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi$?

Hey Gitane,

Don't worry, we're not laughing at you, I am sure that as a tourist, we all ask stupid questions. I am going to Key West for the first time in August and am asking stupid questions in that forum lol

Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,884 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi$?

Audreybella et al:

I said "darn!" because I hate leaving. You have a beautiful city here. We had a great time. Lots to see and do and great people and services.

ornithorynx@canada.c...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi$?

7$? - you people obviously don't tip!