We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

Which Montreal hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Topic
Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

Hi,

Four of us are planning on going to Montreal but we are unsure of where to stay. Two of us have never been there. So we have quite a few questions!! We are looking at the Queen Elizabeth and some other hotels but some advice would be helpful. We are looking for something near shopping and clubs. What are the best clubs to visit while we are there? We are from Toronto so we definitely know what clubbing is and the places to go. Also, if we stay at the Queen Elizabeth where is the shopping located in regards to the hotel location?? We would also like a list of some good restaurants and places to visit. Any additional info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!

ornithorynx@canada.c...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

Post to Audrey Bella!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

The Queen E is a very nice choice ladies, close to shopping and close to the nightlife! If you stay at the Queen E you have all the underground shopping connected to your hotel which is kinda cool.

Being the life of the party and all, I have met tons of Torontians on a weekendly basis and they all love our clubs. It all depends on what you are looking for though.

Since you are 4 girls from Toronto, I assume you might like something a little classy. I highly suggest that you do your partying on St Laurent (you can also pronounce it St Lawrence). You shouldn't have a problem getting in since you are all chicks. A few must places to go on St Laurent: Med, Buona Notte, Globe (althought lately Im not crazy about Globe). Budha Bar, Rouge and GO GO Lounge are nice places too. You will notice that there are tons of people along the street that will be giving away passes to certain clubs, you can use them to barhop. Most places on st laurent are supper clubs, you can try getting there early enough for supper and spend the rest of the night dancing which is what I like to do.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

Thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate it! However, there are 2 girls and 2 guys. Hopefully we shouldn't have hard time getting into these clubs. Do you have any websites that we can take a look at?

Thanks!!

Fort lauderdale
Level Contributor
2,366 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

I'm preparing to leave for a business trip or else I would have given you more websites but here are a few starters :)

http://www.buonanotte.com/ (great for an all nighter, i.e food,booze and dancing)

http://www.restaurantglobe.com/ (same but a little more expensive)

http://www.rosalierestaurant.com/ (mainly a resto, very classy)

http://www.timesupperclub.com/ (never been but I only hear good things)

Check this site for some information, new montreal website:

http://www.montrealnow.com/

Feel free to ask anything else, have fun! I am off to NYC just incase someone is expecting a reply or doesn't see me around (Orni lol)

ornithorynx@canada.c...
Level Contributor
887 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

You seem to be in NYC a lot Bella. What sort of "business" is that exactly?

Detroit
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

Queen Elizabeth is right in downtown, you won't even need a car. We stayed at a nearby hotel Marriott Chateau Champlain, very nice hotel with nice amenities (pool, hot tub, spa, hair salon, restaurants). Restaurant, direct access to subway/metro station and underground shopping areas make it a great location. Rooms are not very large but adequate size but beware of very hard mattress.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel, Dining, Shopping and Clubs

Basically at the QE you are one street away from St Catherine, which has all the major shops plus the underground network of shops, the Eaton Centre, you are definitely going to be in a great location.

I would agree that St Laurent is a fantastic place to go clubbing, but it all depends what kind of music you are into. There are plenty of after-hours clubs (the regular places close at 3am) in The Village such as Aria, Circus, Stereo.

The Go-Go lounge serves awseome cocktails but go early (round 9) so you don't have to stand in line.

Blizzarts a little further up (opposite Schwartz the smoked meat place) is also a fun little lounge with great music and right next door is The Blue Dog which has drum n bass on Friday nights (I love it but know its an acquired taste!)