We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

Evanston, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

My 85 year old healthy mom, my 24-year old daughter and I are planning a 10 day trip to Quebec and would like some help in planning. We plan to rent a car. We want to go to Quebec City, Montreal and Quebec and perhaps get in to some beautiful natural areas, too, not spend the whole time in the cities. I guess I would like advice on off-the-beaten path places that we might want to see in these locales or between these locales. Also, any interesting festivals or events would be appreciated. We are planning an early July trip.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

If you tell us when in July, we could tell you the events... as they do not last the entire month.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,035 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

Hi Judy;

FYI...

Quebec City to Montreal - 157 miles / 253 km, about a 3 hour drive.

Montreal to Ottawa - 123 miles / 200 km, about a 2 hour drive.

Best Regards

Evanston, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

Our trip spans July 5-14 and Montreal could be anytime in there. Also are there any provincial holidays during that time?

Ottawa, ON
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

Here is the festival calendar for Ottawa, http://www.ottawafestivals.ca/2014_EN.pdf

During your time period, we have the Bluesfest (a little bit of blues but mostly rock/pop) and the Music and Beyond (mostly classical) festival.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,334 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

There are no national or provincial holidays during the time you are here.

Montreal
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

Here is a list of events in Montreal while you'll be around:

http://www.bonjourquebec.com/us-en/recherche/resultats.php?langue=en&typerecherche=EVENEMENTS&categoryid=1647330+409332+1635050+1643783+181631857&minimoteur=res_evenements&dateDebut=20140705&dateFin=20140714&BQC_REGIONID=3432&date_debut=2014-07-05&date_fin=2014-07-14&num_page=1

Among the most popular: Cirque du Soleil has a show in town, Jazz Festival, Fabergé at the Museum of fine Arts, Firework festival, Circus festival (Montreal Completement Cirque) and the Just For Laught...)

Evanston, Illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

Thanks! is Just for Laughs in English, too?

8. Re: planning help for 10 days Quebec City, Montreal, Ottawa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 16, 2015