We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parks with canoeing and great views

1 post
Save Topic
Parks with canoeing and great views

We will be camping in Montreal next week. We would like to do some basic hiking and canoeing. Anyone have any ideas if parks less than two hours from Montreal to do this? Thanks!

Quebec, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parks with canoeing and great views

Parc de la Mauricie, a national park, is about 2 hours from Montreal.

www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/qc/mauricie/index.aspx

You can hike ( le mekinac is my favorite) and canoe on lots of lakes. You can camp too.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
538 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parks with canoeing and great views

You can rent kayaks and canoes at Parc Oka ..

www.sepaq.com/pq/oka/index.dot?language_id=1

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parks with canoeing and great views

Look at the ACTIVITIES section of the Quebec's National Park network: http://www.sepaq.com/activites/ (PS: those parks are 'provincial national parks' instead of 'Canadian national parks' ). For a given activity you will get an interactive map of the parks that offer it.

The closest to Montreal will be Parc des Iles de Boucherville

Montreal
Level Contributor
221 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parks with canoeing and great views

Hi there,

If you want to be "in the wild" I would definitely go with the Parc de la Mauricie. You can even make Canoe-camping (Baie-des-Onze-Iles is my favorite remote canoe-camping place).

If you want to stay closer to Mtl, Parc des Iles de Boucherville is a nice place too.

I won't go to Park Oka to do canoeing... Unless you want to spend some time at the beach...

There's a nice place at Les Iles de Sorel (about 1.5h from Mtl)

tourismeregionsoreltracy.com/quebec-vacation…

Have a nice vacation

Steph

5. Re: Parks with canoeing and great views

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 28, 2014