We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grandma's Getaway with Grandchildren

Windsor, Nova Scotia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Grandma's Getaway with Grandchildren

I have 5 grandchildren I am taking on a trip to the island for 3 days. They're ages are two six year olds, two eight year olds and one ten year old. We would prefer to stay in a cottage or cabin where the children would be free to be themselves. We hope to tour the wax museum, Green Gables, and of course Rainbow Valley. Are these places even open in September? We are planning our trip for September 1st to the 3rd. Campfires, picnics, playgrounds all sound good to us. We want our trip to be fun filled and something we can look back on with fond memories. I am not that familiar with the island so any help and all suggestions would be kindly appreciated. Thank you so much for your time and responses.

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
285 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grandma's Getaway with Grandchildren

Hi there

Most attractions are still open the first of September. The major attractions for children close for the season on Labor Day. Sorry to say that Rainbow Valley had closed for good in summer of 2005. But there is a new fun park being built in Cavendish which is supposed to open this July. Sandsspit is still a favorite with kids. The wax museum is closed too , but there is a new museum beside ripleys believe it or not.

As for accommodations you can try:

Seaside Motel & Cottages

( the cottages are nice. & there is a pool there too)

Bayview Bridge Cottages (no pool)

Creekside Cottages (no pool but they have the combat zone laser tag)

These will all be found on the website:

www.peiplay.com (search annes land)

Hope this helps

any other questions just feel free to ask

Scooter

Alberta
Level Contributor
590 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grandma's Getaway with Grandchildren

And excellent looking place is The Country Pines Inn & Suites just outside of Summerside. I am staying there next summer and it looks like a great place. IT is around $60.00 per night and is in the country. IT has a free breakfast and an outdoor pool!!

Hope This Helps!!

BTD

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
441 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grandma's Getaway with Grandchildren

Dear Grandma,

First of, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

There, got that of my chest. I would recomend Cavendish Maples cottages...http://www.cavendishmaples.com/

I would suggest # 11, it has a queen bed in one bedroom, two double beds in the second bedroom and the sofa-bed in the living room. The cottage is nice and roomy and next to the playground.

The property is within walking distance to some of your attractions but far enough off the road so you feel away from things.

nsalphadog