We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

Fredericton, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

Good day,

My wife and I and our newborn son are looking for a nice warm spot (west side of island preferred, but we would consider elsewhere) where we can hold up for Dec 21-26, 2013 (arrive 21, leave 26). We have chosen to find our own place so as to avoid waking others in case a sleepless night. We are a very respectable and considerate adults and we would treat the property as if it were our own.

Thank you for any recommendations or assistance that the forum community can provide.

-Steven

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

It's definitely not going to be warm in PEI regardless of what side of the island you are on..

Fredericton, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

Apologies, I should have been more clear. I'm looking for a warm house/cottage/condo (ie. insulated w/heat) so my family is not uncomfortable, especially my newborn son. We understand that it will be cold outside, we're very familiar with Atlantic Canadian winters. :-)

3. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:31 pm, November 11, 2013
Edited: 4:31 pm, November 11, 2013
Fredericton, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

Thanks , I've gone down the VRBO path already and each owner that I contacted (6 in total) informed me that it was closed for the winter, even though the site showed it was available for my dates. So this is not a very effective means to locating a place to rent.

Our preference is for somewhere on the west side of PEI as would be closer to family. If we can't locate something we'll likely fall back on a hotel suite in or near Charlottetown as that was our backup plan.

We've been to PEI many times in the summer and the winter.

What I'm hoping to get from the fine folks who frequent this forum is a recommendation for a specific property or series of properties that are known to be available in the winter. While I appreciate all the other advice, it's not actually what I'm looking for with this post.

Thanks to all that can provide.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,335 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

Well, Steven, on these open forums, posters step up to help in any way they can. If you had mentioned what research you had already done, it would have saved the volunteers who come to the forums some time. You can't ask "the question" and then say "no thanks, don't want that advice."

Your not new to TA but you have not posted on the forums much. And you certainly have offered no suggestions to anyone else asking for help. I guess you've got to spend 10-20 minutes considering what you hope will be a helpful reply for a poster to know what that involves.

Good luck.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,519 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

Ditto mufti. Part of the reason I didn't initially respond to this thread is it is far too general of an inquiry. Are you talking about just a basic place that has a roof over your head and heated? Are you looking for a hotel? a B&B? Those are all key questions. You won't find much in the way of cottage rentals that time of year. Most cottages are winterized and locked up until the spring. You're better off looking into a hotel or B&B in Charlottetown/Summerside.

7. Re: Xmas in PEI - Rental Needed (Dec 21-26)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 18, 2014