We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

My husband and I (seniors, and not overly active) are taking a road trip to PEI in late June 2013. We plan on being on the island for 5-7 days. We'd like to see the beaches, eat lots of lobster, see the scenic views and hit the top tourism sites. We are traveling from Toronto, and plan to overnight in Quebec City on the way. We have a modest budget, and prefer to stay small friendly motels or cabins.

Please share your experiences with us!

Thanks,

Knotigal

Charlottetown...
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

I would suggest you stay at bed and breakfasts,we have many good places along your route and I would suggest traveling along the north shore very beautifull!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

How long do you plan on taking to get out PEI, one or two nights elsewhere??

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

we plan to be in PEI 6 days - 1 night in Summerside, 5 nights in Cavendish. We've already booked a cottage in Cavendish, and I need ideas on place to stay on the way there. We'll take 3 days to get there, so I need ideas on where to stop along the way too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

1 night 2 days in Summerside, 4 nights, 5 days in Cavendish.

Any ideas on where to stop for 2 nights on our way to Summerside? Cheap and cheerful, please!

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

I'm not sure your question is entirely clear knotigal. Are you asking for two places to stay between Quebec City and Prince Edward Island(I assume this is what you mean) or are you asking for a place to stay 2 nights in Prince Edward Island before reaching Summerside? If the former is what you mean I don't know if I would devote that long to getting to Prince Edward Island. A logical place to stop might be Fredericton, NB(about 3 hours from Prince Edward Island). If it were me, even at a leisurely pace you could stop at Quebec City for a night, the next day head to Fredericton, and the day after that reach Prince Edward Island. That would break your driving up nicely. The other alternative if you're doing sightseeing might be to press on to Moncton instead as you could visit Hopewell Rocks before heading to Prince Edward Island. http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/

6. Re: Road trip to PEI - what are the must-see's, must do's?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 25, 2014