We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep Sea Fishing

Sunset Beach, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Deep Sea Fishing

We are planning a trip to PEI around the 2nd week in June 2013. My husband is interested in some deep sea fishing. We have heard of Aiden's in N. Rustico - it seems to be the only place offering trips that early in the season. Does anyone have experience with them they would like to share. Also, are there other areas in PEI, besides N Rustico, where they do deep sea fishing.

Also, I am NOT into deep sea fishing. What are things around the N Rustico area, besides the whole Ann of Green Gables thing, that would be interesting to see? I am really into photography, so suggestions of great photo ops would be appreciated.

Kuujjuaq, Canada
Destination Expert
for Prince Edward Island
Level Contributor
4,511 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

My preference has always been Joey's but I don't think they open until July. Aiden's would also be a good choice and I have enjoyed going out with them. albeit many years ago. You're better off visiting in July if at all possible as more things are open and the weather is a bit warmer. You can go deep sea fishing out of various ports throughout Prince Edward Island, not just North Rustico. There's a charter in Covehead(about 15-20 mins form Charlottetown), a bunch in Souris/North Lake area, Murray Harbours, etc. Have a look at this listing. http://search.tourismpei.com/search/ResultsActivities/tour_id/0*/start_date/2011-07-27/end_date/2011-10-27/sub_sub_type/210/

Lots of great photo ops in North Rustico and Cavendish area(only 5-10 mins away). Cavendish beach is one of the nicest and you can get some great shots, especially of the large dunes. There's also a few nature trails in the area as well as beautiful rolling hills and fields. Shots of the harbours always tend to be nice as well. North Rustico actually has a little boardwalk that goes along the harbour to eventually a beach and a couple lighthouses so you should certainly be able to get some good shots there. Obviously it might be cool as well to get some pictures of your partner coming back on the fishing boat, just ask for their approximate arrival time. One of the biggest assets of Prince Edward Island is its beauty, you will find lots to photograph.

Sunset Beach, North...
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

Thank you, I really appreciate the information

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

There is deep sea fishing out of community of North Lake.

Google "North Lake PEI fishing" and you'll get lots of outfitters.

4. Re: Deep Sea Fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 am, December 16, 2013