We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip suggestion?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip suggestion?

Hey guys!

So my dad is coming to visit Canada for 2 weeks from Taiwan in mid august, and I want to show him the best of Canada. We want to go to PEI for a couple days and then go to another city for another couple of days. Here are my questions:

1. How many days should we stay in PEI?

2. What other cities would you recommend us to visit?

ps. Since PEI is known for the scene, we would prefer the second city to be different. (for example: Montreal)

Thank you!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip suggestion?

You might want to post in the PEI forum. It sounds to me like if you're going out east you might think of visiting Nova Scotia (the capital Halifax and also the beautiful Cape Breton) and New Bruinswick. You should post in those forums and also post in the Montreal and Quebec City forums too.

You have posted in the Toronto forum which hasn't anything to do with PEI and Montreal. Good luck.

Edited: 12:16 am, July 12, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip suggestion?

You are right. I will certainly do that! Thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip suggestion?

Are you driving out there or flying??

If driving I'd stop in Quebec City.

You can see alot of the touristy stuff in PEI in four days max...2-3 if you are relatively selective...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip suggestion?

Amy Y............you say "I want to show him the best of Canada".........does this include Toronto?...............

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
768 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip suggestion?

Apparently Calgary is the "best".....nah, not true

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip suggestion?

I live in Toronto, so I guess that does include Toronto!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip suggestion?

We are flying to pei, and fly to the second city after. I'm thinking maybe I can fly to Quebec city and rent a car there and then drive to Montreal after?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip suggestion?

Why not fly to PEI rent a car there and spend a couple of days in PEI. Then take then rental car on the ferry or cross via the Confederation Bridge to Nova Scotia and go to Cape Breton first, then go to Halifax. Then you can drop off the car at the Halifax airport and fly from there to Quebec City and rent another car for your trip to Montreal and eventually Toronto where you can drop off the car at your final destination.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip suggestion?

We are going to stay in PEI for a couple days. Thank you for your suggestions!. But I think that's too many cities for 2 weeks tho. If we can pick another city beside PEI, which one would you recommend?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip suggestion?

@ post #6............glad to hear it Amy!.................

Edited: 5:33 pm, July 12, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward Island