We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to PEI in June of 2006

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to PEI in June of 2006

Hi everyone, this is my first post! I love hanging out on TripAdvisor forums, so I'm happy to finally be a part of them.

So my question is if anyone knew of a way to get from Philadelphia to Halifax(or preferably Charlottetown) that wasn't too expensive.

Also has anyone gone on the Family Fun Vacation by Clarion hotels and if it was enjoyable?

Thank you so much!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling to PEI in June of 2006

My wife and I flew from Philadelphia to Charlottetown last August so I guess I can speak to your question. The current price for this flight is around $500/traveller right now. We had an incredible one week vacation on PEI. I strongly want to recommend the Noble House in Malpeque as a B&B. This particular B&B was one of the most special accomodations that we have ever experienced in our years of touring. BTW, the flight has a rather quick connection home so get your sneakers ready for hustling through the airport. I'd go back to PEI in a heartbeat......try the lobster and the College of Piping!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,036 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling to PEI in June of 2006

Would you be renting a car? It's only 4.5 hours to drive from Halifax to Charlottetown. Both PEI and NS are extremely easy to navigate, the people speak your language if you get lost, and there's soooo much to see!

Even the differences in the drive are spectacular. Nova Scotia is heavily wooded all along the highways and the roadways of PEI are, for the most part, surrounded by pastoral farmland or ocean vistas. You can go to the island on the fixed link bridge and return by the ferry, or do it the other way around and it's much cheaper.

You feel like you've done so much and covered so much territory even if you only spin in and out in 3 or 4 days, but more time is always much better!

Kaki