We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four days in PEI, need some help

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Four days in PEI, need some help

We have to squeeze our trip to PEI in four days. I'm quite desperate, because there seems to be so much to see and feel. I'm not very much onto those Anne things, We're going to see the house but that's all. We stay in the Dream to the sea cottages.

Some ideas:

One day in Charlottetown and Victoria and Summerside.

One Day in Cavendish (Natural Park, Green Gables) and around New London, New Glasgow, North Rustico

One day trip to Greenwich

One day cyckling. We’re thinking about renting bikes from Dalva-by-the sea and ride bikes there. Any better ideas? Our children are very small just 3 and half years and 1 year 8 moths old during our trip to PEI.

I would so much to go to Panmure Island but it’s too far. Do we miss much not going there?

We would like to have comments about our plans. Thanks!

miiru

Charlottetown...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Four days in PEI, need some help

Hi Miiru,

I am not sure if I can be of any assistance to you, but my famly is from PEI and I have been going and staying there for years and years.

Four days isn't a whole lot of time, but what I think you need to do is like you put in your post, figure out what you really really want to see and do.

About Panamure Island, a few years ago a big storm went through there and severely damaged the dunes. The last time I was there it was a wreck, so I am not sure if that is still the case or not but... The east end of the island is my favourite side. It is less touristy.

Charlottetown is a must to see the Provincal House and if you have kids there is Cows ice cream, which is pricey but no trip to the islandis complete with out it.

North Rustico is amazing!!! I always go deep see fishing. A great fishing trip to take is with Chad Gallant on the Beauty and the Beast. He is an awesome, and really nice guy.

For me personally, Cavendish is overrated, and overcrowded but if you have never been then it is worth a look.

Anyways, if you would like to know more info just email me, Nina

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four days in PEI, need some help

Thanks Nina! Right now we are having "low season" in our trip planning (since everything essential is booked) but I'm sure there's lots of questions I like to ask after we get organized again. :) miiru

texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Four days in PEI, need some help

i have a question...i am going in mid-June of this year. . . and I am not sure how to pack...is it more likely to be misty and rainy and cool or sunny and kinda warm? thanks. kay

4. Re: Four days in PEI, need some help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Prince Edward Island