We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 post
Save Topic
Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

I'm thinking of parking at the Windsor train station for 6 days and wondering if anybody has experience on how safe it is.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
784 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

Definitely keep everything valuable out of sight.....

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
6,038 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

Longtime ago around 15 years ago, my fiends paid for parking for 4 nights and took the train from Windsor to Toronto. Car was found un locked-the person claimed he locked it for sure-nothing much seem token but the rear view mirror was knockdown and a empty bottle of booze was found in the car and the front seat was all loose. Like a wild party happened inside. Insurance covered the repairs and yes a police report was filed and never heard a word about it.

That story was one of the reasons I never took the train up to Toronto, I either drive or take the bus from Detroit--by getting dropped off at the station of course.

Now I know, I likely could park there many time and nothing would ever happen and it was very long ago but still, when ever I think about it, that story pops in my mind, maybe cause I seen the car right afterwards and my buddy talked so much about it, lol

Edited: 9:34 pm, February 10, 2014
Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Windsor
Level Contributor
844 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

I have had several different friends park their car in the long term lot over the past year (since the new station opened at least) for a few to several days with no incident. This is not to say, of course, that nothing could happen, but in our personal experience it is safe.

Grosse Pointe...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

Have parked there several times over the past 15 years, last time maybe five years ago. Never had any problems, remember it as reasonable. Look for package deals, hotel and train. I Booked through a Michigan agency, but again, it was a few years back.

P M
Shelby Township...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

I've parked there many times, and never had any incidents/problems. Will park there again.

6. Re: Long Term Parking Safe at Windsor VIA Rail Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 17, 2016