We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cigars Stores in Windsor

Wauconda, Illinois
Level Contributor
983 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Cigars Stores in Windsor

Was wondering if anybody could recommend a good cigar store in Windsor? Looking for a place to buy a few Habanos? Or, would it be worth while heading over to London?

Also, Can I get Kilkenny beer in Windsor. I love this stuff, but can't get it in the states.

Windsor
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

check out fidel's http://www.fidels.ca/index.php

yes, you can get kilkenny beer in windsor. it's easy to find.

Waverly, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

How Many Cubans can be brought back into the US?

Just wondering

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

The limit is 100 cigars, *not of Cuban origin* within the $800 exemption. If you admit they are Cuban, they will be confiscated.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

You cannot legally bring "cubans" into the USA.

Waverly, Ohio
Level Contributor
281 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

Can you remove the Rings and bring them in? Or what?

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

Duh , yeah I think some people do that. Also seen that just cause the cigar might say made in Cuba its not, store owners can sell them for more money if it says Cuba. How can you tell? I have no idea.

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

The rings are usually sealed along with the cigar if you are buying anything worth while. If you are buying them by the case/box, then the box is sealed. So how would you propose to get them across without breaking and not to mention the shelf life is gone now that they are opened. They dry out very quickly unless you have a humidor at home. Either way IMO you are comprimising the purpose of buying Cuban. Buy a couple and smokem here!!!

cheers

Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

I checked a little further for you and as of October 2004, your Pres. decided that it is illegal for you to even smoke a cuban cigar! (I did not know that) Even while in another country!!! $250,000 fine and up to 10 yrs prison. How will they catch you?do you want to find out? You can take the attitude that it is only illegal if you get caught. I wouldn't risk it. You may be the one they decide to make an example of and give the max.

cheers,

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

Yeah I love this free USA , we can buy a AK-47 but not even smoke a Cuba cigar in Canada. Not sure if thats leagal for our president to do but I am sure he dosn't care.

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,375 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cigars Stores in Windsor

You may get dirty looks in Canada for smoking *anything* (stillsmoking can tell about that, both sides of border) but I absolutely guarantee there are **no** fascista reactionaries in Canada, skulking along the border and making lists to turn you in for the fine or the glory. Go ahead: buy 'em, smoke 'em here!

For absolutely authentic Habanos in Windsor, I've been told to recommend "La Casa del Habano" 473 Ouellette, (519) 254-0017. This is an international chain of some repute. Definitely NOT the cheapest...but every Seven-11 in Windsor claims to have Cuban cigars. I'm thinkin' - maybe not.