We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Scam

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Scam

Super 8 Motel, Windsor. DO NOT STAY

THEY ARE LIARS, THIEVES, SCAM ARTISTS

I was charged $85 for supposedly smoking in a non-smoking room. They said the maid took pictures of cigarette butts in the room. The clerk said she could send me the pictures, when I said that would be great, my attorney would like to see them, she then rescended her offer of the pictures. Suddenly she could not send them to me.

When I asked to speak to the property manger, i was told his name was "Raj" and he would have to call back.

His name is not "Raj," it is Allen, they did not want me speaking with the property manager! I was threatened with "other possible charges, " if I did not stop calling the motel.

Liars, Thieves, Scam Artists!!!!!!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,308 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Scam

Hi ksnowden1971;

You may not have realized it, but the forums are not for accommodation reviews.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_the_forums_are_not

Please take a moment and write a review of the hotel. Many more people read the reviews than the forums when researching accommodations.

tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g155021-d188326-…

Best Regards

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Scam

Hi Ksnowden1971,

Out of curiosity I did check the TA REVIEW Section for the Super 8 Windsor, and interestingly enough you are the first to have such a problem... so giving people a heads-up is a good thing.

BUT, as RESCUETEAM has said, the FORUMS aren't the right place for longevity of that info (they change daily, and your comments will soon move down the pile).... you'll need to write a REVIEW for the Hotel if your comments are to have any benefit to other travellers.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS... Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience on your vacation... that always is a downer.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Scam

So did you smoke in the room?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Scam

LMFAO - the advert placed in line this thread (as we get these days) as I view it is the "Light Up Your Holiday Spirit" one from Tourism Ontario - brings a whole new dimension to it!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,490 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Scam

I am always a little aprehensive about taking too much from a rant when it is the persons first post ever on tripadvisor.

He/she also has not answered the question; so, did you smoke in the room?

If they did, and there were notices not to, then they got off easy.

6. Re: Hotel Scam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:47 am, May 12, 2010