We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge Downtown ok?

Ont, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Travelodge Downtown ok?

My son and I have to attend a funeral and need to stay over a Friday nite. There is a current special I found for $69 a nite. The funeral I believe is near Huron Church area (still waiting for directions) and mapquest shows this is only about a 10min drive away. I read the reviews, but want to know if it is suitable for a mom & 13yr son. My brother and his young family are looking to book as well. Don't want a party place, but the price seems right and it has the free breakfast.

Ont, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

Or is the Ramada near the airport a better choice? a couple of diff in $ but the parking is free there and it says it's close to the mall (as we have a couple of hours between check out & the service) It must be clean!!!

ontario
Level Contributor
266 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

Not sure what area you are looking for. Could you clarify an intersection?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,449 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

Hi;

For anyone who is able to assist raptorfan...

Travelodge Downtown Windsor is located at;

33 Riverside Drive East

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155021-d188421…

Ramada Windsor Aiport is located at;

2225 Division Road

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155021-d188285…

Best Regards

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Windsor
Level Contributor
795 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

Both hotels are fine. The one located downtown faces the Detroit Skyline. The area of the downtown location is close to several good restaurants but it is also close to many of our downtown bars. The hotel located on Division is out of the city core with several good restaurants nearby as well as closely located to a couple of major shopping areas. If the funeral is located in the Huron Church area, either hotel location is easy to reach from there. I would recommend the Division Road location for a family over the Downtown location. If I can be of any further help, let me know!

Ont, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

thanks very much!

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,500 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

For the same $$$, and as long as you are traveling by auto, Windsor Tenor is correct, the best bet is the Ramada.

7. Re: Travelodge Downtown ok?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, October 20, 2009