We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
afghanistan
6 posts
Save Topic
hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

Hi, my boyfriend and I are traveling across canada by rail and will be in Toronto for one night so are hoping to stay at a reasonably priced place downtown...thank yoU!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

It depends on what your budget is. Personally, "reasonably priced" to me means under CDN $100/night. If you are students/backpacking it may be a lot less than that.

The only lower priced hotels I can think of in the area are the Hotels Victoria and Strathcona, please check the reviews on this website first as I've never stayed there myself.

As for youth hostels, there's Spadina House on the west side and I do beleive there is a Hostelling International on the east side.

Good luck.

afghanistan
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

Hi, thank you! I should have described reasonable....after looking at many of the hotels I have revised my estimate of reasonable upward...I have now decided I will probably need to pay between 180-220 Canadian in that area! I was about to book at the Strathcona but then I read the tripadvisor member reviews and got scared off. I am thinking about the York but it is definitely on the more expensive side. I will look at the VIctoria, I had not seen that one before. THank you so much!

Sharon

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

Did you check out the rates at Novotel Centre? I know a few people that have stayed there on a layover and they liked it. It's not cheap but it doesn't cost as much at the other big hotels in the area. And it's only a short walk away from Union Station.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

You can jump on the subway and get to many choices. Holiday Inn on King is pretty reasonable and nice place to stay. They are not too far from the subway via the PATH. Or a cab ride of course.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

I would also recommend the Novotel centre. It is practically across the street from the St. Lawrence Market (my favourite place to stroll through) and a 5-10 minute walk from Union Station.

There is also the Royal York.

Good luck.

Crystal Lake, IL
Level Contributor
89 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

The Royal York is a great hotel, but rates are very, very high. Even more so since Fairmont. Holiday Inn on King is reasonable, and handy to lots of dining and entertainment venues. Getting a room can be tough, so book it well in advance. Your best bet might be the Strathcona....which is basically across the street from the Royal York. Clean rooms, nice folks, great little pub downstairs.

afghanistan
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

THank you all for your advice! I liked the looks of the Fairmont York but decided it was a little too expensive - Novatel looked really cool but it was also expensive on the weekend we will be there. I looked into the Holiday Inn on King and was impressed by the reviews AND prices (134 USD) on the weekend so that is what I decided on. Thank you again, very much appreciated. - Sharon

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels, B and Bs near Union Station?

You will like it, and there are some neat restaurants nearby and the one in the hotel is great too.