We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Staying at this hotel and would like some advice about good restaurants to eat that are not too far from this place. Like a variety of food.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,011 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Salad King on Gould (just off Yonge Street by Sam The Record Man) is good Thai food, there is a great Turkish sandwich place across from the hotel on Yonge called Doner Kebab. Further north on Yonge Street (north of College) is Kathmandu, fantastic Indian food and Red and White, a great, cheap middle eastern place.

For breakfast, Eggspectation is good and reliable, if not busy and a little pricey, the Senator is the real deal, Toronto's oldest diner, but great coffee, food, atmo. (www.thesenator.com)

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Hello verna.

Right across the street from the Chelsea are a number of very good restaurants...on Elm Street.

My favorite is Donatello's. It has excellent home made Italian dishes.

It is a very nice, clean restaurant with reasonable prices.

http://www.donatellorestaurant.ca/contact.htm

If you take a walk along the section where Donatello's is located, you will see many restaurants with their menu posted, and you can see the choices plus the price list. Hope this helps.

Best of luck.

n/d

Cape Breton Island...
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Thank you for the information on the restaurants. If you think of anymore please let me know.

What about the restaurant on the top of the CN Tower. I know it is expensive but is the food good? Any advice about making a reservation there...where to sit, etc.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Hi Verna.

From what I have heard if you plan on going to the CN Tower anyway, then dinner there should be considered. Check out these links on this topic. Also, Verna the first link here has more restaurant suggestions.

tripadvisor.com/…4980335

tripadvisor.com/…5010447

tripadvisor.com/…4407545

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

n/d

scotland
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

Hi Verna

We are just back from Delta Chelsea (lovely hotel)

We ate at the CN tower and the food was amazing and service excellant - I would highly recommend. Go in the evening at sunset - the view is amazing.

We ate at lots of nice places - The Pickle Barrell was a find (looks tiny but go down escalator and is quite a place - again service was excellant and food (and margaritas ammaaaazzzing)

Spring Rolls should also be tried ..one of the best meals..

Also - if you get the chance go to see Wicked - fantastic and the shop and dine tour very good.

Have a great time and bundle up as it was FREEEEZZZING

poodleville TO
Level Contributor
674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

I would second Donatellos. Just down the street on Elm is Il Fornello which is really good and there is also Adega. Check out their menus, you can't go wrong with either of these 3. Also but more pricy on Elm St. is Barbarians. Mostly steak, but people love it.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

hi verna,

not sure if u want to read my posts, but i've been here since Monday and have been including my "food reviews" in them.

Salad King is good and not even a 5 min walk from the hotel, Green Mango is a longer walk North of the hotel - it took me about 20 mins and that was after walking and shopping for 6.5 hours earlier in the day too (but I had a 1 hour nap before heading out again) and walked to Captain John's for a drink after supper. It's a "quaint" place - exactly what I expected from a boat turned into a restaurant. Looks like it would be a good place to eat, but I haven't heard anything about it on the forums. And it is a long walk...

King Noodle in Chinatown was good too -we ate there tonight and overheard someone saying that they've seen Susur Lee eating here. Awesome hot and sour soup!!

Hubby's co-workers had nothing but rave reviews about Spring Rolls and Baton Rouge. They ate there during their lunch break for the course they're on - I didn't get to have a taste as I was busy shopping and exploring on my own...

8. Re: Restaurants near Delta Chelsea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, August 14, 2009