We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto advice please

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sidmouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto advice please

My wife and I are visiting toronto at the end of June to see Michael buble, what is the best way to go from the airport to the cosmopolitan hotel ,

Any advice on things to do welcome, restaurants , travelling Round etc

Toronto
Level Contributor
921 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto advice please

If it's the Cosmopolitan on Colborne and he's at the Air Canada Centre it's an easy walk. The hotel can give you directions ... south on Yonge, west on Wellington, south on Bay St. It's about 1 km. There are a lot of restaurants in the area and it depends on your budget and preferences....we like Beer Bistro on King St. (just north of Colborne), okay for breakfast is Over Easy on Yonge St. or there are food courts in the office towers that have breakast, if you want to spend more money there's Jump, Canoe, Ki and so on. Several nice places as you walk on Wellington/Front towards the St. Lawrence Market which might interest you. You're in easy walking distance to the Eaton Centre for shopping and more eating. Do read some of the questions at the right about transportation and things to visit - there's a ton to do for all different tastes. If the Blue Jays are in town that's another fun way to spend a couple of hours. Knowing what interests you would help folks to give you suggestions. It's been a few years since I've seen MB in concert and it was fun (in those days he played smaller venues).

Edited: 5:36 pm, June 04, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto advice please

Best way from the airport is dependent upon when you are coming to town and how many bags you have....taxis/limos have set rates assigned by area of the city you are going....you can take public transit, visit ttc.ca for a route planner, it's way cheaper but More of a hassle...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto advice please

Hello devonrob49.............................lucky you going to see Michael Buble in concert...he's such an amazing performer!................when you have a chance, look to the right side of this screen at the "Top questions about Toronto" list...................you will find answers to all of your questions in this section, and then some, including the ways to get from Pearson Airport to downtown Toronto, suggestions for dining and all sorts of things to do in the city........... hope you both enjoy your visit....

Sidmouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto advice please

Many thanks to all the replies, Wendy and I are very grateful, we are also going to go to niagra falls for the day, is it best to take a recognised tour company or make our own arrangements, again any advice so grateful,plus how far is the zoo from where we are staying and is it worth a visit.

Rob and Wendy

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto advice please

I would personally make my own arrangements to get to NF, more freedom to do what you want to do and when you want to do it (provided that you are comfortable driving in Canada)...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto advice please

The Toronto Zoo is a wonderful place and well worth a visit.....it's not close to your hotel though, because it's very large, and not in the city core..........if you wanted to go to Niagara Falls, and rented a car to do so, then you could also use the rental to visit the zoo.....I'd do them back to back, because you won't want the car for downtown Toronto.............the website for the Zoo (below) also lists how to reach it via public transit (TTC)

http://www.torontozoo.com

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,790 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto advice please

The Toronto Zoo is approximately 35 klm from the Cosmopolitan Hotel......

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto advice please

Eden7 definitely has the right idea for the zoo/NF and the rental car...

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,736 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto advice please

Hi devonrob49;

I would suggest a day for Niagara Falls and a day for the Toronto Zoo.

Niagara Falls is approx. 80 miles / 130 km southwest of Toronto. The average drive is about 1½ hours, without any traffic delays. I would suggest staying for the nightly illumination of the Falls.

www.niagaraparks.com/nfgg/illumination.php

The Toronto Zoo isn’t a typical concrete and bars zoo. It is divided into six zoogeographic regions with the animals displayed indoors in tropical pavilions and outdoors in naturalistic environments. The zoo is one of the largest in the world, encompassing an area of 287 hectares / 710 acres !

www.torontozoo.ca

Best Regards

Sidmouth, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toronto advice please

Many thanks to everyone for there great advice, we are so looking forward to Toronto .

Again thanks to you all.