We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer between airports

Brentwood, Tennessee
Level Contributor
14 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
transfer between airports

Does anyone know of an economical way to get from Toronto Pearson airport (YYZ) to Kitchener airport (YKF)? We arrive around 7pm to Pearson. Our next flight out of Kitchener doesn't leave until the next day.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer between airports

What time does your flight leave from Kitchener? You can either take a shuttle service from Pearson to Kitchener and stay the night there, and then proceed to the Kitchener airport. Or book into an airport hotel in Toronto and then take a shuttle the next day.

FYI - Kitchener is an hour west of Toronto.

http://www.airwaystransit.com/airporter.shtml

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,236 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer between airports

In the previous post, phpr asks a good question, with regard to the departure time of your flight out of YKF.....if it's any early morning flight, then I suggest you stay overnight in the Kitchener/Waterloo area.....if your flight leaves the next afternoon, or later, you might want to stay around Pearson, where there are more hotel choices........you could even do a little sightseeing in Toronto that evening too, if you have a later flight...

Edited: 9:49 am, April 13, 2014
Brentwood, Tennessee
Level Contributor
14 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer between airports

We actually arrive around 7pm on July 6 and we fly out of Kitchener at 6:30am on July 8. I'm trying to avoid staying in Toronto for one night and then Kitchener/Waterloo area for one night. I would rather be in the same place both nights but it may not be possible. Even though we land at 7pm on July 6, I'm not sure how long it will take us to get through any customs type lines and actually be on our way that evening.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,185 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer between airports

Usually about an hour to a max of an hour and a half with no secondary screening from when you land to getting to terminal doors with luggage...

5. Re: transfer between airports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 15, 2015