We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

Melbourne, Australia
13 posts
Save Topic
Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

Hi all,

My husband & I are planning to go to Toronto in September this year. Since we're flying there from Melbourne, AUS the flight time is around 20 hrs+. So we're thinking about breaking it up & make a stop over somewhere for a few days.

Any idea how we should break the flight time up? We're considering a stop over in Tokyo or Seoul, but the total flight time became 30 hrs in total.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,651 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

Hi mlhy1982;

I would suggest posting your question on the “Air Travel” forum as well.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

I'd also look at the TA pages of Tokyo and Seoul and see what place interests you more...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
161 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

I'd suggest a stop in LA or San Francisco, both major hubs on your route with similar customs and culture to Aus and lots to see and do. A nice way to break up the long flight.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,310 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

Quite a number of people from here who go to Australia from here stop off in Vancouver or Hawaii.

The advantage of Vancouver is that you will have cleared Canadian customs, so the next flight becomes a domestic one.

There is a direct flight form Sydney to Toronto, not sure about Melborne.

Melbourne, Australia
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

Thanks guys! i'll head off to a travel agent and ask for stop over in either LA, San Fransisco or Vancouver this weekend.

cheers,

Monika

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

Best of luck!

7. Re: Stop over for our flight to Toronto from Melbourne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 10, 2015