We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Topic
buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

Hi, I am scheduled to arrive in Toronto on Tuesday mid-day, and I was wondering if there is an airport store selling men's jackets/overcoats, because I will be flying in from the Caribbean, and I won't have a jacket with me.

Thank you!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

There are some stores in the airport, but expect high prices and low selection.

torontopearson.com/en/…

There is very little if any retail outside the airport.

Where are you going when you leave the airport? If heading downtown you may have better luck in one of the malls downtown. Or you could have a cab take you to one of the large suburban shopping centres... if you advise the area you're heading for we can probably suggest the closest shopping centre.

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

Thank you very much.

Hmm I see what you are saying... I'm heading to the Bloor and Church Starbucks (M4W 3R8).

I was planning to get a taxi from the airport, but if there is transportation that will get me closer to a mall in that area, it would be even better.

starbucks.com/store/66372/ca/bloor-church/17…

Thank you very much for your help!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,007 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

Hi darkbluegr;

That location is nowhere near the airport. With the forecast calling for a "High" temperature of -1C / 30F, and coming from a warm climate, I would suggest taking a taxi to a nearby store / mall.

Enroute to your downtown Starbucks, you could stop off at Wal-Mart, at just off the highway at The Queensway.

Best Regards

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

Or you could take a cab to the corner of Bloor and Yonge, to The Bay - a large department store. Bloor & Church is only a couple of blocks from there.

thebay.com/webapp/…thebay

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,192 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

From The Bay, as mentioned by phpr, you can walk indoors to within one block of Bloor & Church. AND you will be wearing a new warm coat!

athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

Great -- thank you all very much!

Is it easy to get a cab from the airport at that time, or do you recommend to book online ahead of time? Thanks for helping me stay warm, appreciate it :-)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,007 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

Hi darkbluegr;

No need to pre-book. Just walk to the front of the taxi queue.

FYI...

- All taxis operating from the airport's taxi queue are regulated and operate on a flat rate basis.

- Do NOT use a "taxi" from someone who walks up to you and makes an unbelievable offer. These are NOT regulated by the airport authority and may even be unlicensed to operate as a taxi.

Best Regards

Edited: 8:25 pm, March 23, 2014
athens
Level Contributor
161 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

thank you so much! If I remember correctly, the taxi rate to get from the airport to the starbucks @ bloor & church would be around $100 + tip? seems like it's around 30km distance..

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,077 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

To Bloor & Church would be $56 plus tip.

torontopearson.com/uploadedFiles/Pearson/Con…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: buy overcoat @ toronto airport or nearby?

You could also take the 192 Airport Rocket bus to Kipling Station and then the subway to Yonge Station (which is connected indoors to The Bay) for only $3/person, but the bus stops at the airport are outdoors.