We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

March Weather

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
28 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
March Weather

Hi!!!

Sorry to sound like a hick, but can anyone tell me what the weather will be like in Toronto in the next 2 - 3 weeks, we're heading over from Ireland and keep getting different stories!!

Thanks

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: March Weather

Hello Jmay,

I used the Weather Underground website's Trip Planning feature to find out what temperatures in Toronto had been from February 25th to March 18th, from 1996 onwards.

During that date range the daily high has been 35 deg F (2 deg C). However, the high has ranged from 12 deg F (-11 deg C) to 59 deg F (15 deg C). Seriously.

The average daily low has been 25 deg F (- 4 deg C). Again, the average does not reflect the range. Lows have been all the way from -9 deg F (-23 deg C) to 37 deg F (3 deg C).

The weather statistics also indicate that you have a reasonable chance of encountering snow and rain.

Hope that helps.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,250 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: March Weather

Here's the link to the Canadian government's "official" meteorological report for Toronto: …ec.gc.ca/city/pages/on-143_metric_e.html

I have found that report to be generally far more accurate than other online weather forecasts.

The site provides a five day forecast, so check it shortly before you leave Ireland and you'll get a good idea of how warmly you will have to dress while in Toronto!

Toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: March Weather

Bank on it being fairly cold, despite what any weather places say!

This morning.... we still have about 10 cm of snow on the ground, and it shows no sign of going anywhere. Sure the sun is out, it looks lovely, but quite cool, especially at night!

I suspect if the snow does start to disappear, it will only be because of rain.

http://www.pulse24.com/Front_Page/page.asp

May also be a help... City TV is located right downtown so that is where they get their temp. readings from!

Have fun while your here, and don't forget The Toronto Zoo!

It is easily accessed by car or transit (though a bit of a trek by TTC) and great place to get some exercise. And will still be fairly quiet in March.