We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

online check-in

ennismore, Ontario...
Level Contributor
127 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
online check-in

I am flying sunwing. What are the benifits of online check-in before you get to the airport?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: online check-in

You should probably ask in the Air Travel forum, tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trave…

Online check-in can reduce how much time you have to spend waiting in line and doing paperwork at the airport, and may reduce how long before the flight you have to get there. If your airline allows you to select your seat at check-in, there will be more choices of seats available 24 hours before the flight than 2 hours. I do find that the advantage of online check-in is greater when flying with carry-on bags only than when checking luggage. Also, these days with the electronic check-in kiosks at the airport for most airlines it's not that different from checking in online (other than the seat selection thing). But I've never flown Sunwing so I'm not sure how much of this applies.

2. Re: online check-in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 22, 2015