We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Union Station

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Union Station

Last year there was so much construction in and around Union Station we had trouble finding a taxi. Is the construction finished and taxis are easy to find on Front St, or should we head to the back entrance (don't know the street name) and try to find one there? We don't have a smart phone so calling is not an option.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Union Station

There is still a lot of construction going on there. Don't try to get a cab on Bay or York streets. Your best bet would be to go through the central exit to Front street. You will encounter a major construction there. Across the street there is a Royal York hotel and cabs usually line up there in front of the entrance. There is a pedestrian walkway to the hotel through the construction. Look for a bronze statue of a guy with birds (It is elevated, and easy to see). The walkway is near it. Hope this helps.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Union Station

Thank you, Yellow Prism!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Union Station

I'd actually go for the back entrance, which is Bremner Blvd. (You'll also see signs for Air Canada Centre and/or Union Plaza.) It's so much less chaotic back there right now.

There are almost always cabs in front of the Telus building, and if not you could cross the street to the Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, which I'm sure would call a cab for you if one wasn't around.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Union Station

Well, that is an option too. Sometimes I see there quite few taxis, sometimes none (I walk past there almost every day). I know that there are always taxis at Royal York though. So, there are options :).

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Union Station

I'd recommend getting one from in front of the Royal York as well. Yes, there is still a ton of construction (in fact, it's probably worse than when you were there last year - it won't be finished until 2015) but thousands of people navigate it every day. Just ask somebody how to get to the Royal York Front Street entrance (the routes change frequently as construction progresses).

6. Re: Taxi from Union Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 20, 2015