We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student prices for admission and transport

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Student prices for admission and transport

Hi all,

As title, I've come across many attractions which offer a lower student price for admission. I would like know what kind of student ID is usually required. I saw some websites requesting for ISIC card, but I do not have one right now, so is the student card from universities allowed to be used as a valid proof? [out-of-province university in BC ]

Thanks in advance!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student prices for admission and transport

If the attraction requests an isic card then that's the card they want, they usually have worked out an arrangement to provide the discount with isic....I'd get the isic card through your university, I remember it being quite easy to do so...

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
19,656 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Student prices for admission and transport

For the TTC, you must have a TTC Student ID card in order to receive student fare pricing. I expect this is only for residents of the city.

ttc.ca/Fares_and_passes/…index.jsp

Some attractions may accept your out of province institutional ID card - the ROM will, and likely the AGO will as well. CN Tower does not have student rates.

Additionally, many cultural attractions, such as the AGO or ROM have free/reduced admission some nights of the week.

Edited: 7:50 am, December 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
23 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Student prices for admission and transport

I have an Ontario student card and have managed to get discounts at most Toronto attractions, so I suspect they would accept the BC student cards as well. But as another poster mentioned some places don't have student discounts at all. Also look into special nights with discounted rates. I know the ROM used to be free/heavily discounted one afternoon/evening a week

4. Re: Student prices for admission and transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 21, 2014