We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel close to Rogers Center

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel close to Rogers Center

Our first visit to Toronto from Philadelphia. Going to see a BlueJays game and want to stay as close as possible to Rogers Center in a nice hotel. Isn't there a hotel that is practically connected to the ballpark? We do not know anything about this area, and would appreciate suggestions where to stay. We would like to be able to walk to the park since we will not have a car. Thank you all!

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

Hello,

Here is a link to the hotel you are thinking of.

marriott.com/property/propertypage/yyzbr

I have never stayed there, but have seen the rooms from inside the Roger's Centre when I went to a Blue Jays game. It looks like it would be great fun.

There are a few other hotels close enough...the Soho, Le Germain and the Holiday Inn on King.

Good luck.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

Welcome! Rogers Centre (formerly SkyDome) is right downtown, so it's easy to get to on foot or by transit and you'll be close to most of Toronto's other attractions.

For even more suggestions for hotels nearby, see tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k51257… .

Have a great time...

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
677 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

As northerndecorator says, watching a game from the hotel room is a bit of fun, I've done it, although, on balance I prefer the atmosphere in the stands. Otherwise the hotel was pretty hohum -nothing stood out as being particularly good or bad.

I think the Intercontinental around the corner at 225 Front St. is a superior hotel all round. Le Germain is trendy, quite nearby and has a growing following.

The immediate neighbourhood is safe and forms the southern fringe of the "Entertainment District" with clubs, restaurants and bars. The subway with nearby stations at Union or St. Andrew (King and University) and the Queen, King and Spadina Streetcars will get you eveywhere you want to go but consider walking first. Its a great and safe city for that.

Have fun!

USA
Level Contributor
57 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

I appreciate all the help planning our first trip. Unfortunately the hotel at Rogers Centre is completely sold out the weekend we need. However, there are rooms at the Marriott Downtown Eaton Center at Bay Street. The hotel itself looks very nice, I am not sure about the location since we are looking for reasonable walking distance to the ballpark. It looks like it would be about a mile walk. Without knowing the city, it is hard to tell. Would this location be suitable?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

The Marriott is in a good, central location: connected to the major downtown shopping mall, close to the subway, and across the street from city hall.

It's about a 20-25 minute walk to the dome through downtown streets with plenty of shops, restaurants, and people. (I'd probably go down Bay, turn right on Queen, left on John St; or, just follow the CN Tower.) And if it's a night game, you'd be safe walking back to your hotel.

If you wanted to shorten the walk, you could grab the subway (the Eaton Centre is connected to two subway stations) and head to Union Station. From there it's about a ten minute walk to the dome, either along Front St or through the covered SkyWalk.

Ottawa, Ontario...
Level Contributor
281 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

collectallthat -

Marriott at the Eaton Centre is fine, central, and relatively close. As noted above, it's a bit of a longer walk - there's certainly hotels closer if your priority is being as close as possible to the ballpark, including the Holiday Inn on King, the Fairmont Royal York, the Intercontinental Toronto Centre, etc.

Noel

Ontario, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,225 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

Hello again collectallthat....You've been given a lot of very good advice. The thing about the Mariott at the Eaton's Centre is it is great because it is so close to the downtown area and of course most of all because it is connected to the Eaton's Centre. The rooms are a bit tired though, compared to the other hotel suggestions.

The walk to the ball game wouldn't be too bad, but it may prove a bit long for the way home after the game.

If you are not into shopping downtown or into malls I would stay closer to the Roger's Centre. There are plenty of boutiques and restaurants and such, close to the other hotel suggestions.

Whatever it is you decide hope you enjoy fabulous Toronto!!

8. Re: Hotel close to Rogers Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 13, 2009