We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

niagara falls to toronto...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
niagara falls to toronto...

we need to be at pearson @ 6pm on a monday, travelling from niagara falls...

how bad the traffic might be if we leave NF @ 4pm? should we leave at different hour and avoid traffic?

any advice?

thanks...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

Yes, if you leave at 3 you'll be there by 5pm....no later than 6, guaranteed.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

:))

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

Between two and four is fine, the later you leave the more traffic you will face, that's all...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

thank you very much, guys, for your advice...

i think i still like windsor better /for the traffic/rush hour - do we even have one?... :) / even if it's 350 km from niagara falls.... but i'm glad that we have these tripadvisor forums - you help me... maybe some other day i can help you...... have a good night, everybody.... 4:30 am off to work........

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

You are most welcome.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
710 posts
823 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

IMO, leaving Niagara Falls at 4:00 PM is a bit tight. You didn't specify when you are traveling, other than being on a Monday afternoon. Last week construction at Casablanca Road made my Thursday afternoon trip from St. Catharines about 15-20 minutes longer than expected. It looked like that construction was ongoing. I would leave sometime between 3:00 PM and 3:30 PM.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

definitely will leave closer to 2-3 then to 4...

you never know... and then i don't wanna be stuck with my visitors for another month.... lol.......... :)))

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

I'd love to know the exact time it took you. If you would, please report back.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

guys, i'm gooood.... it took me 2.5 hrs exactly when i left our hotel near clifton hill and i dropped them off at the curb of terminal 3 and came back to niagara falls... yes, 2.5 hrs and about 250 km /there and back.../

i left from nf @ 3 pm /14:54 to be exact/ and walked back into my hotel @5:30 pm....

the traffic was excellent to pearson, coming back was a little slower... and i was just going with the flow... @ 120 km per hr....most of the time... thanks to you,guys, and my trusted gps i still enjoyed a nice evening at nf with my kids...

now i'm back in windsor and reporting from home..... :)

and when i was going to pearson traffic was ok for me, but on the other side /for people coming towards niagara falls - looked like a few good kilometers back-up/ @4 pm, but then when i was coming back - most of it cleared up... it was an excellent hour /3pm/ to leave nf on monday... which of course is not a guarantee that it's always like that.... i think i was a bit lucky too....

thank you all for your advice...

;)

Edited: 6:49 pm, July 30, 2013
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

Thanks Zabba. You made great time....as if I didn't know you would...:)