We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

niagara falls to toronto...

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
niagara falls to toronto...

we need to be at pearson @ 6pm on a monday, travelling from niagara falls...

how bad the traffic might be if we leave NF @ 4pm? should we leave at different hour and avoid traffic?

any advice?

thanks...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

When you leave at 4pm, you're cutting it incredibly close. #1...it's rush hour. #2...there's a good chance that you'll hit traffic. The usual travel time is around 90-minutes, so if you hit any sort of traffic, you'll be stressing out. I'd get as much done early in the day, and if you get to Toronto earlier, then so be it.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
9,624 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

If you're just picking someone up, they will likely have to wait for you. If you're catching a flight, you need to leave minimum 2-3 hours earlier.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
549 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

You should leave NF at 2pm.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

Since you've said you have to "be"at Pearson by 6:00, as opposed to saying that you have a flight leaving at 6:00, we'd say that leaving NF at 3:00 is pretty safe.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

Id aim to be aroun the airport around three thirty or so and chill at a place near the airport, less stress is best...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

tdsuperstar- 2 1/2 hours ahead of time? Even if they're just picking someone up? We'd be stressing about what to do for all that time!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

My suggestion was to chill out at a bar near by the airport....I'd go to a Tony Roma's or something of that ilk, I'd rather be in a bar enjoying a drink and a bite then be stuck on the QEW....

Mentioned in this post
Tony Roma's
Tony Roma's
911 Reviews
Niagara Falls, Canada
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

thank you, thank you, thank you, guys...

eventually we came to the same conclusion - we better leave NF @ 2 pm /my visitors' flight is @ 9pm/ i'm just gonna drop them off and then just go back to NF /one more night there for me... :) /

driving back i don't really care about the traffic /but of course it would be nice not to hit it.../

and they will have time to relax and explore the airport... :))

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

If you leave at 4pm you will be fine. There is no rush-hour traffic going from Niagara Falls to Toronto....the rush-hour traffic is going the other way. I would leave Niagara Falls no earlier than 3:30pm....to leave at 2 pm is ridiculously early.

Edited: 10:19 am, July 26, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Niagara Day Tour
Niagara Day Tour
720 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: niagara falls to toronto...

ok, so now i have time slot 2-4... my visitors are pushing me to 2pm..., but knowing myself we will start getting ready and actual leave time might be around 3 pm..... :) good enough right?, somewhere in the middle.. :)