We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canadian National Exhibition

New Haven...
Level Contributor
248 posts
256 reviews
Save Topic
Canadian National Exhibition

Hello fellow TripAdvisees!

My family is taking a trip to visit Toronto Labor Day weekend. We have been to Toronto before and had a fantastic time. I have a 1 year old and a 3 1/2 year old. We will be there during the Canadian National Exhibition. I wanted some feedback as to other people's experience there. It looks like there are a lot of fun things to do for the children, but I wanted some information on whether it is too crowded to be fun. The website makes it look great, but Im afraid it will be a chore to get inside and navigate around, and it will be too crowded to be fun for my kids. Do you think we should spend part of our Toronto trip visiting it? Thanks for your thoughts!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,077 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canadian National Exhibition

Hi Joshdent;

A great time can be had at the CNE, but for little ones, I think it would be a bit too much.

A better match IMHO, would be Centreville, on Centre Island.

www.centreisland.ca

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
502 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canadian National Exhibition

Another poster here recently compared the CNE to a state fair, and I think that's a very accurate description.

If you're into a travelling midway, animal shows and crazy food, then it's a good time. Personally, it's not for me.

It will be particularly busy on Labour Day weekend, so I concur with the Centre Island recommendation over the CNE. You'll still be able to take in the air show from there, which is the best part of the CNE IMHO.

I would also recommend the Science Centre and the ROM for kids that age. (ROM, if your kids are into dinosaurs).

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canadian National Exhibition

Labour Day weekend can be quite busy at the Ex because it's the closing weekend and they have the airshow going on. If you did go to Center Island (which is a great idea) you will also be able to see the air show perfectly from there. But I think Center Island will be busy too as many folks will probably be spending Labour Day there....but it won't be nearly as crowded as the Exhibition. You may have to wait in line for the ferry longer than usual though.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
20,359 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canadian National Exhibition

I'd think the CNE would be hot and crowded for kids that young. Centre Island has a small amusement park for little people that age, and the bonus (aside from being able to see the air show) is that there's lots of green space to run around. Alternately - you could go out the Beaches neighbourhood or down to Lakeshore Park, where again there's lots of room to run around.

5. Re: Canadian National Exhibition

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 23, 2014