We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

going tomorrow to toronto for 2 nights with 15 and two 18 yrs old...

which would be better for them?

thank you

we got a toronto city pass, but we might not be able to do both, therefore the question... ROM or science center...

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

LoriBosworth -- see replies #4 and #5 on this thread :)

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

we will surely look into that...

thank you lori...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

Zabba, I would really go with Tweedlewolfscream's suggestion. Park at Yorkdale and take the subway. Being a first timer should have nothing to do with it. It's very simple. Besides, if you are a first timer then driving around Toronto is far more intimidating than riding the subway. I honestly think you should go to the subway, pay your $3 and head south. All the attractions you want to see are right off the subway line at the stops that tws mentions.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

i am armed with some electronics and 18 yrs old - that should suffice... for taking the subway...

i promise i will really consider... i'll let you know when i come back... :)

off to toronto now...

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

Well Zabba, how did it go? Did you find everything ok? I hope the two 18 year olds and your electronics did the trick.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

noooo, it didn't do the trick... :) and friday it was raining so we said - forget it - and i drove my car...

now, looking back, it wasn't so bad... i knew there would be traffic, i knew parking will cost us, but altogether it was five of us in the car /we picked up our friend from poland from the airport with his grandson /18yrs/ so we kinda split the cost, and we were talking a lot so we didn't mind the traffic so much... also it gave them opportunity to see toronto streets... :) and neighbourhoods /did i say i love my GPS?... :)/

it was an interesting trip and we visited ROM and Science Center, but we had to skip toronto zoo /on a city pass/, because it was just too much, we were exhausted... and saturday afternoon we went to niagara falls for two nights as well...

very productive 4 night weekend.... thank you, guys, for all your suggestions... my son /18/ still wants to try ttc one day... he met some friends while we were in toronto, so one day they might take him "for a ride"...

17. Re: ROM or the Ontario Science Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 04, 2014