We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Toronto from Regina

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Driving to Toronto from Regina

Hi, I am driving to Toronto from Regina and I need a little advice on some things.

I am thinking of taking 3 days to get to Toronto (I will be alternating with another driver), but I really don't know enough to decide if US route is better than the Canadian one or vice versa. Also, if I am taking the US (or Canadian for that matter) route, where would be the most appropriate places to stay for the night considering that I am expecting to arrive in Toronto in 3 days???

Thanks in advance

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,100 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Toronto from Regina

Google maps is your friend. You can plan your route, with stops, taking into consideration how many hours you want to be driving each day. The Canadian route might look like this (drive time only - not including stops):

http://goo.gl/maps/i6cZm

Regina - Kenora - 8 hours

Kenora - Wawa - 11 hours

Wawa - Toronto - 10 hours

Remember, driving at night would mean possible encounters with wildlife on the highway - try to drive during daylight hours.

You can also use Google maps to determine a similar route through the US.

Edited: 6:27 am, June 20, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Toronto from Regina

Keep in mind the passport requirements for yourself and passenger of you choose the US route...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Toronto from Regina

Driving through the States will be mainly on the Interstate highways - controlled access, high speed, and a McDonalds at almost every exit. It's a good way to make time, but a pretty boring drive, truth be told. You can check it on Google Maps, but from Regina I don't know that you would really save all that much time.

Straight across the Trans-Canada, yes, three solid days is about right. As mentioned, watch yourself on the Kenora to Sault Ste. Marie portion (about two hours past Wawa). Lots of moose and other critters near and on the road early and late in the day .... mid-day, you will be fine.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving to Toronto from Regina

Is this a return trip? If so, I'd take the Canadian way to Toronto and go the US route on the way home.

5. Re: Driving to Toronto from Regina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 22, 2014