We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Front Street construction - can I walk?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Front Street construction - can I walk?

Greetings!

I'm in your town next weekend for the first time (yea!) for a travel blogger conference and hear there is some construction on Front Street around Union Station. I'm staying at the Novotel on the Esplanade and have to walk to the MCC Center. Will I be able to walk on Front Street?

The Toronto CVB posted a notice on the conference's site that Front Street is close to traffic, but they don't specify if that's auto or foot traffic. Have to be there really early the first day and want to be sure to leave enough time if I have to detour.

Thank you in advance for any info or suggestions! I did a search before posting.

suitcaseready.com

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Front Street construction - can I walk?

Front Street is open to pedestrian traffic, but it's a bit of a muddy mess right now. You'll have to walk around various temporary construction barriers (e.g. from the north side of the street to the south, then back to north), but it won't add much time to the walk.

toronto
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Front Street construction - can I walk?

You can definitely walk, I do it everyday on my way home, no problems. Enjoy!

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
690 posts
762 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Front Street construction - can I walk?

Yes, you can certainly walk along Front Street. It is even better for pedestrians now as there is little or no traffic.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Front Street construction - can I walk?

Getting around the construction around union is a bit of work when it's rush hour and everyone is looking to catch their train, but more than navigable....

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,250 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Front Street construction - can I walk?

Thank you everyone!

I'm good at picking hotels, but I've had 2 trips this past year where I was on the wrong site of huge construction projects and had to do a lot of detouring. Good to know pedestrians can get through.

6. Re: Front Street construction - can I walk?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 27, 2014