We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London-Toronto British Airways 767

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
London-Toronto British Airways 767

Hi folks,

Just realized my BA ticket is putting me on a 767 (as opposed to a 747 or 777) across the Atlantic on return to Toronto.

Am considering spending $$$ to get on a later 747 flight, but thought I'd ask first? How bad is a 767 transatlantic? Seems small and old. I'm not the best in turbulence...

Thx!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

Your question is more likely to be answered on the Air Travel forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i10702-Air_Trav…

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

Hi there,

Couldn't find anything on BA specifically. Would assume it's at least a bit better than the US airlines, hence the posting.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
22,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

Did you post your question on the Air Travel forum, or just scroll through? If you post the question, someone is likely to answer.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
61 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

The vast majority of aircraft crossing the Atlantic each day are 767s. It's a wonderful airplane - turbulence is no different than on a 777 or 747 because there really isn't that significant a size difference. Benefits of the 767 are that being a little bit smaller, you'll be on and off much faster than you will on a 777 or a 747 (which will be just as old, by the way).

Don't sweat it, and for goodness sakes don;t spend extra $$$ when you don't need to. BA keeps its fleet in very good condition, so you'll have a most enjoyable flight. Enjoy.

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
38 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

I've done both. Personally, I prefer the 767. It is smaller and had personal entertainment where I could select the movies I wanted to watch. The 747 had the small drop down screens.

Surrey England
Level Contributor
2,359 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

The 767 has only three classes,i.e no first class .You can see the layout on seat guru.

We are flying in to Toronto on a 767 on a day flight and back to Heathrow on a 747 overnight.I shall look forward to comparing the experience.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
7. Re: London-Toronto British Airways 767

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, June 20, 2014